View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 10:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

More and more he was showing just how befitting the name Fuller was. The greater part of her wanted to roll her eyes at him...and yet the sliver of her that won out was mildly delighted and even enticed. She couldn't even deflect her interest as being influenced by Autumn this time, which was perhaps the more (privately) humiliating aspect of this for Sadie.

"....age before beauty...right..." she replied with an arched brow. If he was worried about losing to a game of Stone Cloak Wand and having his ego bruised prematurely, she supposed she could let him sidestep this preliminary competition. "Sure, old man. Try not to throw your back out already." She then, promptly, covered the mouth of her shrunken head who had a few things to say about the topic. Now was just...not the time for such banter.

Stepping forward, Sadie did give the floor a quick couple of steps to make sure her shoes were not too slippery against it and that there was enough traction to them before gesturing for Curtis to take his best shot.

...which, well, those words were a shot though not the one she had been anticipating.

"...oh please," she replied, this time rolling her eyes. "Don't compare my accomplishments and effort to my physical appearance." It also was pointing out how she had actually made effort and that in itself was a little embarrassing to admit to since it was not exactly a part of her usual routine. Skin care, yes. Makeup and all the other bells and whistles that came with this new and mostly uncharted territory...not so much. "But...to actually answer your question, kickboxing. Participating in tournaments is how I used to spend my summers before university started and I needed to devote more time to my academics. Now it's a bit more...casual a pastime." And a quick way to earn an extra galleon in a pinch. "...and herbology. Not just because my pre-healer emphasis on magical pharmaceuticals but...because I genuinely like flora. Suppose splicing and creating hybrids is a bit of a hobby as well. That's why you see me in Noltie's so much, just so you know."

And not because of any other particular reason.

"What about you, likes..dislikes...skills? Besides horrendous come-ons, missing shirt buttons, and procrastination against inevitable defeat, I mean."

Perhaps Curtis did have an ego of that of a balloon. Easily expandable yet also quick to disrupt.. to some individuals he would reserve revealing such identities to. Ahem. Despite that, he couldn't help but admire how much Sadie befitted her surname as one who could or convincingly pretend to Kareless on his being and feelings. And he liked that. Alot.

"Certainly, but if I do, I'll make sure it's the good side of my back you'll notice," Giving her a wink as he held up the shrunken skull who decided to comment on his choice of words. Whatever it said it fell upon Curtis' selectively deaf ears as he readied the shot. Just for show, he tried to do a manly strut, before letting the skull roll on.. and on... and... 1... 2... 3.. 4...

Well, 4 pins was better than none going down.

"That was just a warm up," Curtis turned on the spot with his usual smirk as he awaited her turn. Which he did his best to not widen into a smile as she put him in his place. No comparing allowed. "Why not? Both tend to compete for the other from my point of view. But if you insist..." It was so incredibly, well, warm. Very warm. "Brains, beauty, and strength... It's not every day I get to admit this to someone who embodies all that," It was actually quite rare these few years. But he wasn't fishing for pity at the moment.

"Oh yeah?" Was it only flora that attracted her to the shop he worked at. "You sure you not after my secret friends and family discount I give you, or the sight of yours truly?" Teasing was... too hard to resist. "Not that I would mind, you'd be my favorite customer for knowing what you're talking about discussing herbology," Among other reasons, ahem.

It also had been a while since he was appropriately critiqued, "You got me, it's all an act to get you to like me," Curtis was almost as shocked as anyone who previously knew of him on his reaction. Not a drip of sarcasm in that tone. "Cool, you think you'd ever get back into tournaments? For fun and all," As for his interests, "Well, you already know of my gardening. I was learning Capoeira for some time, but cut back since working like you. Had a dormmate in Uni that was an expert and they got me into trying it out since its a fun way in learning defense." But for other hobbies, "Sometimes I help at my Dad's doggy daycare when I visit, and we also play video games with my other Papa. He was muggle born so I grew up with a lot of muggle artifact knowledge."

Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote