Thread: Memorial Garden
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2023, 11:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Had such a conclusion been shared, she likely would have agreed with him. At least to a point. It depended on who you asked and their perspective on the matter. Ultimately it brought up a lot of things that needed to be taken into consideration when looking at things holistically, which Gilly would save for another day.

For her, there was something incredibly childish about pinky promises (never mind the fact that she was still a child). In her mind, if she was going to make a promise, then an Unbreakable Vow would have been fitting. She was a serious person, and she took her promises to Drake quite seriously. But she knew such a vow wasn't needed at the end of the day. Their twin connection was enough to play along with pinky promises. With other people, well, that was a different matter entirely.

An eyebrow rose at what her brother was suggesting. "You mean we should just bring some home and see what happens?" she asked aloud, considering the idea. Gilly was positive that their mother wouldn't be able to say no after seeing how attached they would be to their newfound pets. "If I can't have a thestral, I think an owl or a snake would be a good fit. We could drop into Eeylops or the Menagerie... Do some window shopping..."
Drake would have happily reminded her that they were in fact children. Something that he planned on taking full advantage of until he actually had to start growing up. Though... luckily he had no idea when that particular instance would need to take place. Maybe he'd get lucky and it would be never and he could always enjoy the benefits of being little. Except for discounts, there was a point in which people began to notice.

Gilly's eyebrow raise made sense considering what he was advising could also get them in a lot of trouble. But it also seemed like the most logical way to get magical creatures. Ask forgiveness, not permission right? "Exactly that. I mean... mom is really softhearted towards creatures too. She could say no to the idea but could she say no to the critter?" And puppy dog eyes? Because he was pretty sure between one or the other, the twins were going to get their way. "Let's go do that! I want to scout out a pet! Maybe could do a kneazle! Or... maybe a cruppy is more my energy?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is online now   Reply With Quote