Thread: Memorial Garden
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 09:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *grabs*
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Daisy wasn't sure why she had decided to tag along to Diagon Alley today. Since she was forgoing her final year at Hogwarts in favor of music school, she didn't have any supply shopping to do. She didn't like the hustle and bustle of so many raucous children and teenagers. And now that she had passed her apparation test, it wasn't like she needed a ride. She could have chosen any day (even a day after all the Hogwarts kids were gone!) to visit.

But either nostalgia or restlessness had driven her out of the house, and a need for quiet had driven her to this garden. The seventeen-year-old wandered, pausing every now and again to admire the flowers and greenness of the garden. The stillness of it would have prompted thoughtful contemplation if Daisy didn't already spend nearly every waking moment, well those that weren't spent practicing, thinking or planning or trying to solve a problem that didn't exist.

She found a nice grassy area and sat down cross-legged. Meditation was good for musicians, she'd heard, something about it helping them be more present in the moment. So she closed her eyes and tried to meditate.

Adam liked the garden. It was a nice break from the hustle and bustle of Diagon Alley. While his younger sister had never met a stranger in her life, he lacked her ability to strike up a conversation with any random person who crossed his path. All the noise and crowds were a bit much for him, so he quietly slipped away while Desiree was busy being... well, Desiree and followed his father to the garden.

Sitting on one of the benches, Adam eyed the phoenix statue, and his thoughts turned to the people lost in the war. He hadn't known any of them personally, but his father had and he knew that the losses hit him hard. 2104… Adam would’ve been a second year then. Had his parents not decided to home school him, he would’ve been at Hogwarts when the final battle there happened, and the Neo Alliance most likely would’ve lost patience with him long before that.

He left the bench to roam the garden, though he wasn’t sure whether his purpose was to give his father a moment alone or to distract himself from his own thoughts. Along the way, he noticed a girl who looked to be about his age, maybe a year or two younger. What was she doing? Sleeping? Meditating? Whatever it was, it seemed rude to disturb her. He turned away as quietly as possible… and promptly stepped on a twig with a crunch. “Sorry,” he whispered.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote