Thread: Grounds: The Climbing Tree
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 07:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lottiepot

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

SPOILER!!: Veeeraaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Vera would have been quite jealous at the idea of a promised growth spurt. From what she heard about her mum, it seemed likely she could very well stay her current height or only a fraction taller. Which she supposed wasn't TERRIBLE at 5'1" but.. Vasco looked like he was going to TOWER over her and that was the only part that bothered her. She'd have to just figure out how to be craftier and always have the high ground on her twin. And she'd have to hope too baby sister didn't far surpass her either. Maybe they could be short together. "Cloud was nice enough to not laugh at me. I don't think I would have been able to help myself if our roles were reversed." Because yes, she was sure she had looked entirely ridiculous.

Having offended squirrels sounded DREADFUL. But she was also very curious what one would have to do to warrant such a lifelong grudge from the woodland critters. Her curiosity alone was probably what spurred the next words. "Around when did it start? Maybe we could think of key events that happened around that time and use uh... what is... deductive reasoning? To figure out which event might have been! Then maybe we could reverse it and you can no longer fear the squirrels!" Although even if they figured out the event, she might not still encourage full trust in squirrels. But she didn't really encourage full trust in anyone or anything.

Well... there WAS that. "Jumping straight out of the tree is probably why I was." She giggled a bit before pushing herself on the swing a little bit again. "What house ARE you in?" Truth be told, that was a similarity they shared because Vera did not apply herself to most classes and yet... she still puffed out a bit. "When I got my wand, the wandmaker told me it's supposed to make me naturally gifted with charms." She'd yet to see that evidence but.... she didn't need to tell the younger girl that right??

Oh! Right! She hadn't even considered they hadn't been introduced. She gave a small wave upwards. "Hi Aurora! I'm Vera."

Aurora couldn’t wait until the day that her promised growth spurt arrived. She was fed up of being four foot five and unable to reach the top shelf of anything and constantly having to ask one of her mums or her sister to get things down for her. But being small did have its advantages and she was able to conspicuously conceal herself into crowds whenever she needed to.. Not that she did that often. Aurora was in fact a very well behaved child the majority of the time but then she hadn’t hit her teenage years yet and that could all change the moment she turned thirteen. Perhaps when she turned twelve in a couple months time was the occasion that she might suddenly shoot up and match the rest of her family height wise. It was all wishful thinking but it was supposedly in her genes. “Cloud is obviously a very good friend!” she giggled. But maybe not a best friend because best friends would DEFINITELY laugh if their besties got themselves stuck in a tyre swing and would probably even record it somehow and bring the evidence out during every birthday party.

As for the whole squirrel debacle, Aurora had no idea when it started or what she had ever done to offend the little creatures but it always seemed like she was the target of their attack. “I don’t know! Maybe I accidentally stole a squirrels acorn when I was younger? Or maybe they don’t like blonde hair?” Unfortunately Aurora was not very well read on squirrel psychology despite being a real animal lover.

The blonde had heard that Gryffindors were the types of people who would do crazy things like jump out of trees and enter forbidden forests and whatnot. Aurora was definitely not that type of girl, if she hadn’t of begged the hat to sort her into her house, she assumed she might have been a Hufflepuff. “I’m a Ravenclaw!” she beamed. She would’ve added a little ‘caw’ at the end of her sentence but she had only just met the girl and she didn’t want to scare her off with some weird eleven year old energy. “You’re lucky! I think I was too excited to get my wand that I didn’t actually listen to anything the wand maker said.” Aurora was practically bouncing on the spot in the wand shop, she clearly wasn’t going to pay attention to the shopkeeper now was she?

Vera. She would make a mental note of that name and store it up in her noggin’ somewhere.