Thread: Grounds: The Climbing Tree
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 03:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Aurora!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post

Oops!

Aurora couldn’t help the cheeky giggle from escaping her mouth as the girl she had spoken to had obviously been startled by the petite blondes sudden appearance. She didn’t intentionally mean to make her jump but it was a little funny nonetheless as she watched the fellow student steady herself back on the swing. The fact that the other girl hadn’t heard or seen Aurora arrive wasn’t that big of a deal considering she was still pretty small and fairly nimble on her feet thanks to the years of ice skating practice. She supposed she could’ve thrown an acorn down to warn the girl of her presence but that might have made her jump even more or she might’ve thought that it was a squirrel targeting her for no reason. They seemed to do that a lot whenever Rory would go for a walk with her Ma and stroll through one of the big London parks that were lined with trees. The squirrels always seemed to have a vendetta against her particularly and would aim in her direction. What she had ever done to upset the squirrel nation was waaaay beyond her!

If her Mum hadn’t taught her to be just a tiny bit ladylike, Aurora might’ve snorted at the thought of seeing someone stuck in a tire swing. She was lucky in that she was still very small even for an eleven year old and getting stuck was probably not going to happen. “How did that happen?” she giggled. It wasn’t like this girl was one of the seventh years and therefore could be too tall for the swing. “I’m only up here because I don’t trust the squirrels being above me!” Those pesky things!

As for jumping out of the tree, that didn’t sound like her idea of fun. Aurora was used to injuring herself and she wasn’t scared of getting dirty but she didn’t exactly want to end up in the hospital wing with broken limbs. The older girl did reassure her that there were charms to prevent that though. “How do I know you’re not lying about that?” she grinned. Why the other student would want for Rory to injure herself she did not know but there were some cruel people out there! This girl seemed trustworthy, at least she did in the ten seconds that she had been speaking to her. Still, the Ravenclaw liked being up in her vantage point.

She was not one to be offended by humor, especially considering she was sure the slight jump scare was pretty fun - so the giggle was hardly registered. An acorn certainly would have scared her more, though a squirrel would not have even come to mind as the perpetrator. Rather she'd think somehow the roots of the Willow spread to control the other trees on the grounds and then everywhere underneath trees would be considered unsafe. Which truthfully was a far more far-fetched theory than a squirrel. Her imagination clearly was not something she was lacking in.

It did sound rather strange didn't it? And Vera was fairly certain it wasn't going to sound better as she explained and yet... the girl DID ask. "Well, I was starfishing on the swing, kind of like this." She paused to throw one arm out in an attempt of an example but she didn't let go with both hands. "And then I don't know quite how the next part happened but like... my bum just kind of fell into the hole and the rest of my body folded like a taco shell and I couldn't wiggle myself out. My friend Cloud had to come and PULL me out of it!" Which was actually the first time they met but she supposed some events just bonded you. Or she was making up the bond on her own which was entirely possible. The... squirrels? "Why? Are you worried they'll drop their excrement on you or something?" She'd heard of people being scared of birds above them for that reason but squirrels was a new one.

How did she know she wasn't lying? Well... the most obvious way would be for Vera to SHOW her, which she only didn't want to do because the act of climbing up there sounded like work she was not currently looking to put in but other than that...? "Perhaps you just have to take a walk on the wild side and believe!" Although not many people wanted to do that. "Or it might work on your magazine if you dropped it? But I'm not 100% if the charms kick in for EVERYTHING or if it's just humans. Aren't charms super interesting?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start