Thread: Grounds: The Climbing Tree
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lottiepot

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

SPOILER!!: Vera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

She was usually at least a little more observant that seeing someone in the branches above her should have been noticeable, but Vera supposed her mind really just was that preoccupied. She was sure that idea, that there was anything taking up her thoughts, would have caused quite the jokes from at least two of her people but thankfully neither of those boys were here. Who was here was the first year above her, whose voice scared her just the slightest bit so that she slipped a bit on the swing but was able to grab the rope to right herself before she fell off entirely. Eyes scanned through the leaves until the small blonde was located, and Vera forced a smile - trying to put all her usual energy into it.

Which actually felt successful. Conversation might have also been the distraction she needed.

"It is fun! I like to come down here and swing whenever one is open. Though... be careful of the tire swing. I got stuck in there once." And had to have one of her year mates help pull her out. It'd been a whole thing and she 10/10 would not recommend. "Climbing is fun too though." She pointed out, considering that was clearly what the other girl had opted to do for her source of entertainment. "Have you ever tried to just jump off? The charms really do make the fall so much fun!" And no injuries. Good one, Professor Hernandez.

Oops!

Aurora couldn’t help the cheeky giggle from escaping her mouth as the girl she had spoken to had obviously been startled by the petite blondes sudden appearance. She didn’t intentionally mean to make her jump but it was a little funny nonetheless as she watched the fellow student steady herself back on the swing. The fact that the other girl hadn’t heard or seen Aurora arrive wasn’t that big of a deal considering she was still pretty small and fairly nimble on her feet thanks to the years of ice skating practice. She supposed she could’ve thrown an acorn down to warn the girl of her presence but that might have made her jump even more or she might’ve thought that it was a squirrel targeting her for no reason. They seemed to do that a lot whenever Rory would go for a walk with her Ma and stroll through one of the big London parks that were lined with trees. The squirrels always seemed to have a vendetta against her particularly and would aim in her direction. What she had ever done to upset the squirrel nation was waaaay beyond her!

If her Mum hadn’t taught her to be just a tiny bit ladylike, Aurora might’ve snorted at the thought of seeing someone stuck in a tire swing. She was lucky in that she was still very small even for an eleven year old and getting stuck was probably not going to happen. “How did that happen?” she giggled. It wasn’t like this girl was one of the seventh years and therefore could be too tall for the swing. “I’m only up here because I don’t trust the squirrels being above me!” Those pesky things!

As for jumping out of the tree, that didn’t sound like her idea of fun. Aurora was used to injuring herself and she wasn’t scared of getting dirty but she didn’t exactly want to end up in the hospital wing with broken limbs. The older girl did reassure her that there were charms to prevent that though. “How do I know you’re not lying about that?” she grinned. Why the other student would want for Rory to injure herself she did not know but there were some cruel people out there! This girl seemed trustworthy, at least she did in the ten seconds that she had been speaking to her. Still, the Ravenclaw liked being up in her vantage point.