View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 09:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Desiree listened intently as Professor Paton answered her question. Ooh, snidgets liked daylilies, foxgloves, petunias, and bee balms… they had nice taste in flowers! She continued watching the snidget she saw hovering near the pink flower until the professor said it was time to move on. She listened, fighting the urge to giggle at the mention of bouncing around or jumping off of things. Seriously, who would do that?! This wasn’t a playground!

Her mood brightened as she heard what the next activity involved. Flowers and the possibility of petting a cute little snidget? Yes, please! Oh, the flowers were decoys? She had sooo many questions! Which spells did the professor use to create the decoy flowers? Would the snidgets figure out that they weren’t real? Only one way to find out the latter, she supposed.

She picked a couple of flowers - a red daylily and a purple foxglove - and held them out for the snidgets. She waited and waited, and… nothing happened. Hmm, maybe she should try singing to the snidgets, but what song? Maybe they’d like Disney songs as much as she did! Inspired by her outfit, a song popped into her mind - one with lots of flower names that the snidgets might like - and she began to sing, “I grow rows and rows of rose, flor de mayo by the mile…”

Her voice trailed off as a snidget flittered toward the red flower. Ooh, so cute! “Hello, pretty bird,” she whispered. She’d give it a few minutes to get used to her before she tried petting it.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...