View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Norman had some free time this afternoon, so when he heard that Javier’s garden needed de-gnoming, he left his office and made his way to the grounds. The potions master had shown up to help with his “the floor is lava” tournament; it seemed only fair that he helped out in return. Besides, he’d handled much worse than gnomes!

As he arrived, the first thing he noticed was the annoying pests crowding the garden. The next thing he noticed was the group of seventh years already gathered, “Hello, Mr. Anders, Mr. McLeod, Mr. Atreyu-Rehman, Miss Connolly, Mr. Adara-Stark,” he greeted the students as he passed. Standing aside, he greeted his colleague with a polite nod. “Good afternoon, Javier,” he said. “Thought you could use an extra hand with this.”

For the record, de-gnoming was not Desiree’s idea of a fun activity, but she knew it was necessary. Those potions ingredients were important! She hated to think of someone getting sick or injured - or worse, turned into a teddy rat! - and not having the right ingredients to help them! So she was here to help save the garden, and who knows? Maybe she’d learn something that would help her become a healer someday.

Just because she was here didn’t mean she was okay with getting dirty or disfigured - those gnomes could bite, you know! So she took all the precautions she could: coveralls, boots, and dragonhide gloves. There was no Disney inspiration behind today’s outfit; it was just to keep her from getting muddy or bitten. “Hello, Professors,” she greeted Hernandez and Carton with a slight smile. Cue another cheery smile and princessy wave for the other students. “Hi, everybody!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...