Thread: Discussion: Hogwarts Legacy
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Hey y'all! It's been a while. Got the game a couple of days back and have been playing it on my PC since. To be honest I wasn't as hyped as the others about the game (or games in general, bc I think I'm getting old lmao), but I was proven wrong. Even if I'm running it in the lowest settings (and tweaking the graphics card settings as well), the game IS stunning.

I have to say it brought back good RP memories from here, and this made my charries come alive again even for just a bit. Even had my main character named after one of the Mordaunt's ancestors. On a sub-level, the plot of the game would explain the Mordaunt's affinity (and obsession) with duelling magic and the dark arts. But I wouldn't go and claim this ancestor as the "chosen one" with the ancient magic thing.. rather, I'd place this Mordaunt ancestor as the MC's partner in crime.

Okay, got a bit side-tracked there, but I really like how the game has worthy side quests to up the character's XP.. I also like the Merlin's Trials bit because I need more room for my gear and beasts. Haha! What I'm not a fan of is the flying. (This is such a Mordaunt trait, btw, except for one Noah.) Tried flying the first time in PC and.. let's just say, RIP fingers. It's really been ages since the last time I played a game hardcore. So, I whipped out my old PS4 controller, dusted it, and hooked it up on my PC so I could get more control in the maneuvering bit. Got past the first upgrade.. so let's see if I can outdo this Slytherin girl in the 2nd race.

As for the bug.. I have no idea if it's my potato PC, but sometimes the robe of my character will get clipped, like, half flapping while running, and the second bug I got is the remaining tendril of magic after casting Levioso or Accio.

Comments.. hmm, I would love to be able to toggle the time more precisely. Like an option to fast forward it to Morning, Late Morning, Afternoon, Late Afternoon, Evening, Late Evening, Midnight, Dawn. Also, I would love to have my character be able to sit down on one of the many chairs, sofas, or benches in game while waiting for a quest to start.. and not just have them be sitting on the floor. I find this funny and weird. Haha!

Anyway, will update this post as I go along. Off to the third trial! :O

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote