View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 08:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Catching up
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: catch-up
Desiree blinked. The more she heard about today’s creature, the more intrigued she was. So it wasn’t nocturnal or shy, and it could fly really fast… what creature was that? Ooh, snidgets! Her face brightened when she heard which creature they would be learning about. She’d never seen a snidget in person before, but she’d seen pictures of them and they were adorable. They looked like little gold Christmas baubles! She wasn’t a fan of the name, though. “Snidget” sounded like a cross between the words “sneeze” and “fidget”... neither of which sounded like words one would want to associate with a cute little golden bird!

She considered the next question carefully, trying to recall information information about snidgets other than the fact that they looked like flying Chrsitmas baubles. Vaguely recalling something about their wing rotation, she raised her hand and said, “The snidget’s wings can rotate 360 degrees.”

Desiree listened intently to the information her classmates and Professor Paton provided about the snidgets. She couldn’t believe people used to use golden snidgets in quidditch! What kind of monster would want to hurt a pretty bird? And for something as boring and unimportant as a stupid sport?! As if she needed another reason to dislike quidditch! Thank Merlin people finally came to their senses and protected the snidget!

Eager to see the snidgets for herself, she followed the group into the dome. Her bright blue eyes widened as she saw the tiny birds fluttering past her. They really did look like little golden Christmas baubles. She giggled softly as she imagined a Christmas tree decorated with hundreds of flittering snidgets. How would that work? Maybe if someone hid the snidgets’ favorite foods in the tree branches?

All thoughts of a snidget tree were pushed out of her mind as she watched one of the birds hover over a flower near her, a pink flower! Ooh, was pink the snidget’s favorite color too? That question led her to another one, and she asked, “Do snidgets prefer a certain type of flower?”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...