Thread: Mysteries: Love Chamber
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 02:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Helios Sunrider
Hufflepuff

DoM
Puffskein

Ministry RPG Name:
Damian Pendragon
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post

Just now Laurel realized that they weren't fully alone in the chamber; Damian was sitting with his back to the fountain and drinking something that smoked. Giving her fellow employee a long contemplative look Laurel answered slowly and curtly for herself. "I'm just here to see if a prediction has come true or if it's still laying in the future." She did not like the tone in Damian's voice. Simon could speak for himself. As head of security he probably had more legit reasons for visiting the love chamber than Damian or her had.
Damian briefly met Laurel's gaze before looking to his cup. Not that he had anything to hide, quite the opposite in fact. Sometimes he'd inadvertently pick up stray thoughts, so he avoided prolonged eye contact. Days like these, legilimency could be a struggle.

"A prediction?" Taking a long sip, the smoke from his drink giving him the appearance of a billowy white beard. "A portent?" A few wisps of fog came out of his mouth. "A prognostication? A premonition? Perhaps even a prevision, presage, or prophecy?" After a lot of alliteration, Damian patted his vest pocket. "And here I am without my cards." Color him intrigued.

"Little bit of Love Chamber therapy. Helps remind me why I do what I do. Keep me out of getting lost in the dark." Addressing Simon with a nod and a tip of his mug, the unspeakable spoke a little more than he normally would. Perhaps the fountain was working some magic on the mortemist.