View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 12:37 AM   #56 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
PROCLAMATION FROM THE PRINCESS
While not my favorite Pixar film, was still so important and well received in my home. Both my boys really enjoyed this movie and asked to watch it 4 more times in the days following our first movie night viewing and I was pretty impressed with the lessons they both took from the film and shared with me later (because this movie is SUCH a conversation starter in all the best ways and honestly I could ramble on and on and on and ON about this movie).
Hiiii, Kath. Your Turning Red icons are so so so pretty and have a very clear color story and make me interested in actually watching this movie, even though I still haven't. I'm stubborn, okay? I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but I didn't want to end up double posting like a weirdo. So, if pressed, don't feel like you have to double post like a weirdo for my sake <3<3

"A prince cursed to spend his days as a hideous monster sets out to regain his humanity by earning a young woman's love."
e x a m p l e s

Photos!: 22 avatars

PROCLAMATION FROM THE PRINCESS
I feel like if there was ever a Disney princess that I most identified with, it was Belle. She was smart and misunderstood and pushing against the boundaries of the life that was laid out for her. I'm not sure exactly what made me feel like my life was so constricting and small as a 10-year-old child, but I was being SUPPRESSED, OKAY?

I still love this movie and the many staged versions I've seen over the years. The music live rent free in my head even now, and I can pick Paige O'Hara's (Belle's voice actor) voice out of a lineup. Or whatever you call a sampling of princessy voices. It's not a perfect or unproblematic story-telling, but there's something about it that continues to stand up over 30+ years.

That's all. <3

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote