View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 03:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Catch up! Ve starting on Transfig, Mouse strategizing
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

The Gryffindor's eyes lite up at the arrival of her friend, and she put her arm through Maria's to give her a small squeeze of greeting. As for the question of if she was joining? A slightly incredulous look was the response there, as her head nodding. "Of course I am!" This was just the type of chaotic avenue that she looooooved, okay? Plus, Maria would be the one first to know how much she apparently loved diving into pits - no matter the contents. Soz slugs.

When Professor Khanna asked what ideas she had, Vera did in fact have MANY but the majority of them consisted of trying to piggyback off of her Professor's brains in hopes of winning. Competitive nature, you know. But as Professor Carton explained rules and Brandon then joined them, it was obvious to Ve that she was not going to have a chance to freeloaf with Khanna. A shame really, though she wasn't really surprised. As for the already offered ideas? Either Brandon's boat OR the bridge could be worked with further magic, like Professor Khanna was pointing out. Lowering her voice to match the younger Hufflepuff, she offered her thoughts. "If we did the raft, we can try using the Feather-light charm on ourselves to make sure we aren't too heavy to make us sink into the lava. Ooooor if we're going to go the bridge route, what if we made one long enough for like... one of us at a time and tried to use it to levitate ourselves across? Feather-light might come in handy here too." She also had concerns if a third and first year would be able to cast a strong enough spell in order for either ideas to take route but... they wouldn't know unless they tried, right?

As for the fact it was time to start well... either option required lumber, so while deciding to wait for the firm decision from everyone else's opinion, she could at least start on some cardboard. Grabbing a couple pieces, she plopped herself down and began casting Temran Madera. Look team! She could kind of be helpful! Though she certainly did not gaurantee the integrity of these wood pieces. Yikes.

The head start question seemed enough confirmation that Professor Gert would in fact be joining them in the fun, and Mouse found herself smiling at the Astronomy Professor - looking forward to what the Professor had in store for her own strategy. She certainly sounded very confident. And Professor Khanna was also pairing up with some students, while Professor Sayse was clearly looking to beat them on her own. Professor Hernandez was sitting out, which was a shame but she couldn't blame the man for deciding to do so, and Professor Carton was natural overseeing the event. Even if there was a wide range of involvement, it was fun seeing the Professor's also so dedicated to joining the students in events.

Attention turned back to Raj, and her eyebrow raised in amusement at the hint of a smirk on his face. "Really. You're nearly an old man now, Atreyu-Rehman." she teased in response, before nodding in agreement in his offer to work together - perhaps too readily. "I should probably warn you I'm rubbish at building things so... if we're going Taque I will willingly admit I'm going to be useless to you." Fair warning. But there were also probably other options. Considering the three spells from previous in the term, she tapped her chin as she tried to come up with an idea. "We could maybe use a couple of boards, I'm thinking three? And use the sticking charm to attach them to the wall and we can jump from board to board until we're across the pit. If we use 3, we can each stand on one and move the back to front, kind of like leap frog, but not pave the way to make it easier for anyone else?" She wasn't particularly pressed on winning but she didn't want to steal anyone else's fun.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start