Thread: SS: Coming Home
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 03:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
“Is there a song she might have sung or played that she might remember? Music can often be a help to the memory.”
"No!" Violet almost wanted to cry with frustration. "I...I haven't seen her since I was a little girl--like five or six years old. I don't really remember her or my father all that well myself anymore. But...I'll try to remember something that might help." Not even sure if this is permanent or temporary?!? "As for it being temporary or not, I don't even know how long she's been this way--she ran away from home when she was about eighteen and no one in the family's seen anything of her until she was found like this." Violet felt dismayed to think Helena had been wandering around like this for over a decade. Then suddenly an idea came to her. "She was pretty close friends in school with a friend of mine--my ex-governess, actually, but we used to keep in touch. Maybe she might remember something--or maybe," Violet said, getting more excited, "maybe Mother might remember her. Her name's Jane Howard, she works for the Ministry, and she's really awfully smart. It might really help for her to visit." This was such a good idea that Violet was surprised she hadn't thought of it sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
“Do you have a picture…?” Kat questioned having an idea. “Finding out how she reacts to the sight of him could help see if he’s a potential cause or just a seemingly positive memory from the past that she was clinging to." The fact that he hadn’t made an appearance hinted to the fact that perhaps the man in the flesh wasn’t an option or a good idea.
"A picture? Um..." Violet realized she was revealing more and more of their family's complicated history and could just imagine her grandfather's face if and when he found out she had been revealing their secrets to an outsider. Well, he could just deal with it--telling the truth to the healers was important to helping her mother's recovery and Violet would endure any embarrassment that involved, and more. "I...I haven't seen him since I was thirteen--about 6 or 7 years ago. And he was...he was moving around a lot at the time and we haven't kept in touch, really..." Violet didn't suppose Sam sending her the occasional pleading and apologetic letter and her stuffing it unopened inside a box in the bottom counted as keeping in touch. "But I do think I have a picture." Violet paused a minute, already planning schemes to track her father down if needed. Then a thought occurred to her. "Well, but he's a Muggle, you see, so--would he even be allowed to come to St. Mungo's, even if we decided it was okay? I mean, he does know about the magical world, because of my mother. And me, of course."
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote