View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 01:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Animated Flake
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Professor Sayse was monitoring the practicing of the spell right now, blinking when Bella announced loudly about it being a date. Uh, was it necessary to call that aloud? Perhaps her distractions with that prospect had caused her to forget the spell incantation but she quickly corrected herself.

She appreciated the out-of-box answers, so no worries there Jude. Also if he wanted extra help with non-verbals, he needed to only ask. But since she wasn't a legilmens, she wouldn't know he had interest (or trouble) in mastering the non-verbals. So instead she continued her observations, noticing how warm it really was in there. Perhaps too warm? No one was complaining though - or dozing off - from what she could tell at least so that was good.

It was Brandon she was keen to observe next being that he was one of the younger students, but he seemed to have mastered it as well. She even liked the way he explored making a 'crooked fold' as well. Impressive, Marilyn decided, making a mental note to make mention of what Brandon figured out through trial-and-error.

This particular spell didn't work on humans, but that didn't mean there wasn't one or couldn't be one invented. Vera and Hope were doing well too. Well other than the fact that Hope seemed to have cut too deep which went into the desk? Noticing Hope's anxious look, she smiled encouragingly. It wasn't something to worry about, as it could easily be fixed....

Maisey did pretty well too with these charms. Actually all the first years did impressively well, considering and all. And there was Raj, whom also seemed to master the incantations. Although surprisingly none of the older students wanted to attempt it nonverbally? Perhaps it was something she would need work more independently with just them. Although not everyone had the desire to learn nonverbals either.

"You all did very well with the practicing of these two spells. Now to put them into practice with a fun exercise of making paper snowflakes!" Marilyn exclaimed. "You may have made these the muggle way with folding and using scissors, but we want to practice these spells so I want you to use Plico to make the folds and diffindo to make the cuts. There's no wrong way to make a paper snowflake either, since snowflakes are quite unique, so feel free to be as original as you like with your patterns."

ooc: meant to post this a couple days ago, but time got the best of us *blush* Here's a link for reference, but essentially using the two spells to make the folds/cuts. Anyway, this is the main activity this lesson, so you'll have a few days work on this... Any questions, please ask either IC or OOC. Have fun. Be creative. You may include actual pictures if you wish.... or just descriptions is fine too.

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.