View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 09:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Brandon had always been secretly food motivated. It was natural, because food was necessary for living. He thought that it would be more effective if the losers weren't allowed to have any dinner, but he understood why offering the winners candy was much more fun. He liked candy. Not as much as he disliked losing his dinner, but he did very much like candy. Mostly hard candy.

Apparently they also got candy if they lost? Brandon again understood that this was a friendly competition that shouldn't leave anybody miserable. Brandon liked that kind of competition. He nodded happily as Professor Khanna offered to be on his team. With Vera, maybe. He didn't know Vera very well, but he liked Professor Khanna lots, and anyways he didn't want to be alone. Alone was worse. "I was thinking that we could transfigure a flattened box into a wooden piece and push ourselves across the pit with a pole, but I don't know that we're all light enough or that the balls are strong enough." It would be fun to try. But this was a competition. "A bridge could work. But I think we'd have to put pole supports into the ball pit. We could build several table things and go across like that. We could also make really giant poles to cross the pit, stabilize them at either end with planks, and inch across. But that would be an awful workout." Why was Brandon whispering? Because he didn't want anyone to steal their ideas! He liked candy. And winning.

He fell quiet, looking from the materials to the pit and back again. This was hard.