Thread: Grounds: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 12:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Little Miss Does Not Study! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
She considered pouting and asking for even more guesses and yet... even Vera would need to admit when she had lost the battle. Because she had zero other potential guesses, there were just TOO many options for fears. Mystery created interest????? She considered Professor Khanna's question, her hand going let her chin rest on it as she thought. Would she? "Well.... I mean, their power to turn into anything IS pretty cool so maybe I would still. Mainly because even if we knew what a boggart looks like, it's ability could still give information on other people and things we don't know about them!" If there was a boggart here, she wouldn't need to guess for Khanna's fear would she? "But at the same time unless one was physically in front of me, I probably wouldn't spare it much thought."

She nodded in complete agreement, blankets WERE always a good choice. "There's always a new reason to be found for a blanket." Like she could keep one in her backpack for colder classes, or maybe something in an overnight bag for over summers when she went to Sia's or someone's house. The uses for blankets were ENDLESS. At his suggestion for a use though, her nose crinkled slightly and she shook her head. "Probably not. I don't study. I should be able to learn everything I need for the OWLs in classes, right?" So theoretically if she paid attention in class, she could pass exams later.

If only she did that too.

Their question was puzzling because... considering there was not any specific individual FOR Papa, it did beg the question of would he even want to date again period??? She hadn't asked him. But if she DID she could almost hear him now 'you kids are enough' blah blah blah. Sweet in sentiment, but the problem was the kids would all be GONE next year. "Well... there's only one party so far. I wanted to find someone FOR him. But those are good suggestions - I should just find someone who also has common interests!" Maybe someone else with kids? No, she didn't want any other siblings. Someone who loved chocolate? That could work.

Dhruv considered Vera’s words. Did she understand that each told them a great deal about her? Like Vera probably enjoyed knowing those she came in contact with in great detail. “There are reasons some like to keep parts of themselves hidden away, Ms. Thanatos,’’ they remarked with gentleness. “I find it quite easier for others to confide in you when they are ready to. It’s a much simpler way to get to know them. Not to mention, you can learn more than just their fears.” They grinned. “Look out for a Boggart lesson sometime. I think you’ll be doing a lot of thinking about it during that time.”

The DADA professor too thought that there was always a new reason for blankets. Though, he wasn’t as obsessed with them beyond using them for warmth on cold days or nights when curled up with a good book. They had never known someone to be obsessed with blankets as Vera. Dhruv’s eyebrows shot up inquisitively. “You would, yes. But would you remember five years of curriculum for OWLs? Seven for NEWTs?” Think about it, Vera.

One party was the starting point. Dhruv understood that Vera was on the hunt for someone else. “It doesn’t have to be much in terms of a common interest. Just one shared interest is enough to spark a lengthy conversation.” They smiled. “I wish you all the best with your mission. Let me know when you’ve made progress, or even if you get stuck. I’ll be happy to help some more.” Saying so, Dhruv pushed off the boat slightly with a tap of their wand to give the boat a little kick. They’d have no trouble rowing out further. “See you around, Ms. Thanatos. Enjoy your book and blanket.” They also threw her a wave as the boat slowly glided away from the dock.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺