Thread: Grounds: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 05:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Nora looked over at the professor and gave her an appreciative smile. It was comforting to realize she'd likely never be seen as an outcast here, and most people were bending over backwards to help her get adjusted. Her face noticeably fell when her question about her parents was answered with the opposite of what she had been hoping it'd be. At her old school, there'd been an event every holiday, and even then, there'd been events in between the holidays. Nora was hoping there would have been at least something to help with her homesickness. "Maybe it's better this way," she finally said. "I wonder if I'd just want to go back home with them if they were here." Did she even have that choice?

She hadn't thought about the possibility of a meeting in Hogsmeade, and in the next few silent seconds, she rolled the thought over and over in her mind. Maybe... "So are there any dangerous creatures here? Really dangerous creatures?" she asked. She'd honestly been expecting a wild dragon to come up through the fields one day and burn down the school. "I keep reading about all the creatures in the magical world. I'm kind of nervous about accidentally uncovering one." She did laugh a little after she said that. She'd been at Hogwarts long enough to realize things wouldn't just pop out. Or, at least, they hadn't yet. "A companion?" That sounded interesting. "Like what?"
There was no way for her not to see that look and as a professor she understood. But it was as a parent, as a mum that it really took hold of her heart. Being away from family was never easy, especially as their ages. "You do have the option to go home for holidays. Nearly all of the students go home for Christmas break."

This..

It was a question she didn't like. How did she answer this and not frighten the Nora? "As the CoMC professor I can easily argue that even the smallest and sweetest looking creature can be dangerous if handled wrong. However, the creatures in which I think you may be speaking of you don't have to fear. We have special rules and things in place for everyone's protection, that's why the Forbidden Forest is no place for students." It was dangerous.

Hady smiled softly when things took a lighter note. "A companion is what some call their pet that they feel most closest with. One you have a very strong bond with. Here at Hogwarts those are generally cats, owls, toads, rats and pygmy puffs. Others are sometimes allowed to remain in the barn with permission from the Headmaster, Head of House and myself."

You are Bread!