Thread: Grounds: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 05:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Default 19 years later...lol
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Kolyander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Hadleigh smiled gently. "There's no rush. Questions always seem to pop into your head when you're all alone and no one else is around to answer them." Even as a professor that happened to her more times than she could count. She hadn't been expecting to be asked anything else right than but when a question was asked, it was one she wasn't at all expecting and she took a moment to think it over before answering. "Here at Hogwarts? Well we don't normally hold activities were parents or families would come here to the school but should we ever do so, we would make special accommodations for them so that they may attend. We do have Hogsmeade weekends and sometimes parents will go to those." Her father used to when she went to Hogwarts.

Beans laid there quite contently enjoying the pets that he was getting for as long as it lasted. Hady gave an encouraging smile as she watched. "That could be because he's very much like the average dog if you're not looking at his tail." His forked tail was what gave him away. "Start small and work your way up towards the more magical creatures. There's plenty in the barns and out in the pastures.. many students and even us professors bring a companion with us." Hers just so happened to be a python.

Nora looked over at the professor and gave her an appreciative smile. It was comforting to realize she'd likely never be seen as an outcast here, and most people were bending over backwards to help her get adjusted. Her face noticeably fell when her question about her parents was answered with the opposite of what she had been hoping it'd be. At her old school, there'd been an event every holiday, and even then, there'd been events in between the holidays. Nora was hoping there would have been at least something to help with her homesickness. "Maybe it's better this way," she finally said. "I wonder if I'd just want to go back home with them if they were here." Did she even have that choice?

She hadn't thought about the possibility of a meeting in Hogsmeade, and in the next few silent seconds, she rolled the thought over and over in her mind. Maybe... "So are there any dangerous creatures here? Really dangerous creatures?" she asked. She'd honestly been expecting a wild dragon to come up through the fields one day and burn down the school. "I keep reading about all the creatures in the magical world. I'm kind of nervous about accidentally uncovering one." She did laugh a little after she said that. She'd been at Hogwarts long enough to realize things wouldn't just pop out. Or, at least, they hadn't yet. "A companion?" That sounded interesting. "Like what?"