Thread: Grounds: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 12:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Vera! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Hmm, okay three more chances. Vera thought about it for a moment, trying to consider what else could be REALLY scary. "Fire? Uh... the world being completely depleted of chocolate? Rollerskating?" The last one was probably a stretch but the first two COULD be very scary. "Well, sure we do know a lot buttttt I want to know the part of what they really look like. Appearance is important!" Was she turning into quite the vain smol child? Absolutely. Vasco had the brain, so she had to figure something she could contribute to the world.

The amount of blankets she had hiding up in her dorm room was probably obscene, but it made for really great blanket forts - either in dorm or commons - so she was fine with it. "I do! I have this one for coming out into the boat, the fluffiest for bed time, a thin blanket for curling up close to the fire", so that she didn't overheat obviously. "And then I have this one that I honestly don't like very much that's for picnics. That way if there are any burrs or something in the ground, it doesn't really matter." She had very well thought out her blanket rotation.

She felt like she should be taking notes as Professor Khanna answered, for future reference. And yet... the answer didn't really help her with her current dilemma because it wasn't HER she wanted someone to love. Though at the same time, Papa was the most genuine and lovable person in existence so... the 'being yourself' part would probably by okay? But how did she also make Papa fall for someone? She just really, really did not want for him to be alone - but she also selfishly did not want to home school. She wanted to go to school WITH Vesper next term and show her all the sights and protect her and and ALL the things. But.... "Well... what about if you were trying to play matchmaker for someone?"

Dhruv was only too happy to make the buzzer noise again, just because it was helluva fun. “Sorry, Ms. Thanatos! None of those are correct and it seems that you are out of guesses now.” Their secret {it really wasn’t a secret to those who knew him long enough} would remain that way for now. Perhaps some other day the Gryffindor would figure it out. “Isn’t a fraction of mystery a good thing? It keeps one interested in the thing itself.” This may be their opinion but they liked hearing wha their students had to say. “Do you reckon you’d have been as interested in Boggarts had you known what they truly looked like?”

The professor multi-tasked by dipping the oar into the water and peering into the murky depths below {as though hoping to spot a grindylow, merpeople or old Bartholomew} and listening to Vera. There was an almighty chuckle from them upon hearing all about the blankets, this bit of the conversation which thoroughly entertained them. “Then we can deduce that gifting you blankets will never be a wrong choice.” It was nice to know these little facts about students. “You’ll need one for late night studies in the library in a few years.” Just putting that out there, Vera!

The question was considered. “Are the persons you want to play matchmaker for interested in dating? Because both parties being ready is important. If they are, I suggest you find mutual passions between the two, be it hobbies or movies, music… that sort of thing. That will get conversations going and can also help you in deciding where they might want to go together for their first date.”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺