Thread: Grounds: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 02:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Mercer's deep concentration (and chilly toes) was interrupted by someone else splashing into the shallows, and he glanced up with a little puzzled look on his face. He barely understood why he did things sometimes, let alone why other people would join him. And yet, here he was, starting a party in the lake.

"I was... well. What are you doing, actually? Because the water is actually much colder than I thought it would be and I'm just wondering if you'd miss your toes? Also I think a fish keeps biting my big toe. So." Mercer crouched briefly and came up with a small silver fish that he immediately released. "It's not his fault, I guess. Toes look like food, don't they?"
Finn shrugged. "I saw you, and thought...no...just...now I'm here," he said, shrugging again. He really...hadn't thought through a cold weather foray into the water. It just seemed like the thing to do, given that this kid had been here first. "I-" he broke off mid-thought as the other boy caught a fish with, with his bare hands. "How did you do that??" he asked, jaw dropping. Anything else the boy had said had gone in one ear and out the other, his brain was too busy with processing what he was seeing to process any more words.

"Is this ... extreme fishing?" Catching fish by hand in near-freezing water? Seemed like extreme fishing to this Gryffindor.