View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 03:00 AM   #46 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Replies!
SPOILER!!: Bella! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Flushing a bit red at Professor Khanna's question Bella shook her head in response. "No I'm not hungry at the moment sir, but the closer we get to dinner it might be a different story." She was after all a growing girl that needed to eat regularly. It was good to know that half a cucumber worked just as well a whole one as protection. The next question caused her to cotemplate a bit before raising her hand to answer. "I think I'd try and conjure up a fake cucumber that I'd toss to the kappa that'd hopefully distract it long enough for me to escape the scene." If she was a first year with little magic experience then her answer would be different obviously.

The reason why this professor loved to ask questions which prompted creative answers since, aside from the questions making the students think, there could be some really great ideas which would stick with them all in a real world scenario. This response from Bella was a good example of why they did it. Dhruv nodded. “That would definitely buy you some time for you to make your escape.” It would give her a good start, at least until the Kappa figured out the cucumber was a fake.

SPOILER!!: Daniel! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
As soon as he heard the compliment, Daniel turned to look at the teacher. "Thank you, Professor," he said politely, his voice croaking slightly from not using it much today. He refrained from rolling his eyes as he returned his gaze to his cucumber. He was looking for house points, not a compliment.

Daniel flipped through the pages of his textbook while waiting for the other students to carve their names into the cucumber.

When the time came, the sixth-year closed the textbook and turned to the front. He had anticipated an activity, but instead they were asked another question. One that required him to speak, and he wondered if the professor had done so on purpose in order for him to participate.

For a brief moment, the Hufflepuff contemplated. A killing curse would be an option if it became a live or death situations. But that one was illegal to use, and he didn't want to end up in Azkaban because of a creature. Besides, he instinctively knew that he would never be able to do it, and the most essential part of the unforgivable curses was intent. He frowned. How did his mind get to this point? Throwing a conjured cucumber, as Bella suggested, was also a good idea. Perhaps even better than what his mind had come up with.

Instead, he made a different choice. He raised his hand and leaned back in his seat. "Disapparate" he said simply. If the professor expected a lengthy explanation from him this time, he was mistaken. It was also very bold of the professor to assume he'd 'forget' how to trick it into bowing. It was that part of the question that irritated him the most. And had he apparated yet? No, not for a few months. But he doubted he'd be outside the castle, in the wild, facing a Kappa without the need to defend himself between now and then.

House points would come if Daniel kept up the participation in the lesson; but no, this was just how Dhruv had planned this particular lesson, so them asking this question was not done on purpose. They were a big fan of that answer, however. “Great thinking! That’s one way to leave a Kappa bewildered, wondering where their prey had gone.” Not to mention being able to save your own life.

SPOILER!!: Maxine! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-for-HP View Post
"Would a shield spell work?" Maxine asked ... making a mental note that from now on whenever she travelled she would just need to pack cucumbers with her. However, it might be better served to just not 'forget' to make it bow. Then again, in a fight or flight situation you brain down crazy things.

“Shield Charms can protect you against more than just spells, so yes. These Charms would work but only if there is some distance between you in the Kappa. Remember, the Charms send a barrier between you and the danger.” They smiled at Maxine, an encouraging gesture for her response. “A good spell to use in conjunction with Shield Charms should the Kappa be too close would be the Impediment Jinx. The jinx will slow the movements of the Kappa, giving you enough time to throw up a proper Shield Charm.”

SPOILER!!: Desiree! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Desiree positively beamed at rhe praise from Khanna. "Thank you, Professor!" She replied with a polite smile. She was half listening to the conversations going on around her throughout the activity, and something she heard intrigued her. If it didn't matter whether you fed a kappa a full cucumber or just a piece, did that mean they would eat a cucumber sandwich if there was a name carved on the cucumber slices? She low-key wanted to test that idea, but it would have to wait for another time. Now they were moving on.

As soon as she heard the question, an idea popped into her mind. Maybe there was another way to spill the water in the kappa's head if she couldn't trick it into bowing? Like a drying spell or maybe she could siphon it out with Tergeo? Come to think of it, what would happen if you froze the water in a kappa's head? Would any of those things work? Maybe it was a special kind of water that was impervious to magic? She hoped not!

Raising her hand, she said, "Is the water in the kappa's head resistant to Magic? If it's not, I'd use a spell to drain it, like Tergeo." She had no idea if that would work, but it was all she could think of!

“You’re quite welcome.” Encouraging their students is something they did best. Ah, if only there was bread around… perhaps Desiree could have tested that sandwich theory during the upcoming activity. Dhruv shook their head. “The water in their heads is not, just as the Kappas themselves are not susceptible to magic. You’re onto something there!”

SPOILER!!: Vera! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
It was truly quite disappointing the cucumber thing didn't work for a group of people, especially because how did someone actually trip a kappa into bowing? Did you just... bow like one would with a hippogriff and hope it did it back? Did one have to be craftier than that? It was all the questions going through her head as she used her wand to also add Vera Brinley to the already written Thanatos.

Ah, and how else would they escape a kappa was it? She considered an answer while her peers offered their own, before raising her hand. "I'd engage it in a riddle contest and stump it with superior prowess and then run away while it's still trying to figure out the answer." She was going full The Hobbit here.

That response legitimately got a laugh out of Dhruv. Yes, they caught that Gollum reference, having read the books multiple times. “Very crafty, Ms. Thanatos. I’m sure you’re bound to stump the Kappa for a bit; it’ll just have to deal with its preciousss prey making good her escape.”

SPOILER!!: Brandon! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Bleeding? Someone was bleeding? Brandon looked around frantically calmly until he found the people who was bleeding and then remembered that wasn't a good idea and looked away equally calmly. Everything is fine, Brandon thought to himself, looking as far away from Mercer as he reasonably could. "I'd probably throw something green or cucumber shaped or anything really at it to distract it. Then I'd run away as fast as possible." He paused. "Or... if I knew lots of magic, I could cast a spell to push it back as I ran away." Push the attacker away and run was his favorite strategy, but he wasn't very big or knowledgeable about magic so distract and run might be better. He'd probably end up curling up in a ball and begging the kappa to leave him alone, but he doubted that would work. It would also make everyone else laugh at him if he said that, which he didn't want.

Everything was indeed fine, Brandon. You were fine. Mercer was fine. Dhruv would have reassured Brandon if they hadn’t been busy ensuring Mercer was alright at the time. “Creative ideas, Mr. Fox! Perhaps a Knockback Jinx would be the spell you’re thinking about in this case?”

“Now, if you would be so kind enough to return your belongings to your bags then bring the bags up to the front of the class. The room needs to have some rearranging done...” Dhruv gave them some time to do this and once the students were away from the furniture, they did some quick magic that sent the desks and chairs stacking themselves neatly at the very back. With the brisk snap of their fingers, where the furniture had been a second ago, materialised Kappas.

Not real Kappas, mind you.

They were spaced evenly in neat rows of six, leaving enough space between each for comfortable movements both on the students and the Kappas’ part.
“These are replicas,” they informed the class, not wanting to send anyone into a panic. “Even though they are Charmed to act exactly as their real counterparts, they can easily be stopped in their tracks by myself if needed.” So what did today’s activity entail? “For the remainder of the lesson, it is your task to attempt to make your escape from the Kappa using one of the methods we discussed today - the use of the cucumber or tricking it into bowing. You may even test a few of the ideas your classmates suggested today.”

Dhruv gestured towards the replicas. “You may work with one of your classmates if you desire. After everyone has selected a ‘Kappa’, we’ll get started. I will be around so should you need assistance, send some red sparks up.” That way, they were more likely to see who needed help as opposed to anyone calling out to them and they would be unable to hear the voice over any chaos brought about by the activity. “As a reminder, the incantation for that Charm is Vermillious, while the wand movement is somewhat in the shape of a hook. Like this.” There was a demonstration. “You may work with a classmate if you desire. Go ahead, select a replica.”

They bounced on the soles of their feet while waiting for the instructions to be followed. Once the instructions were were, Dhruv snapped their fingers again. The replicas sprang to life, growling quietly and taking a rather menacing step toward their prey.

OOC: Main activity time! This will run for four days, so until Sunday 12th February. Please do not RP for the Kappa replicas! I’ll be jumping in to reply to your posts! Can’t wait to read those posts BTW! Have fun, my pretties! <3

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺