Thread: First Floor: Portraits
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 12:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

It did not actually occur to her that Logan could have considered her actually a friend, so the eyebrow raise at the word was not so much in her usual jest. "Are you calling Vasco a troll too?" Because that was the Thanatos that was actually his friend right? She was the sister. But had he brought up the adoption idea, she would have waved a hand at it because she had considered that often for Vasco and yet... they were clearly too similar to not have shared genes. Dang, twin thing.

She did know why it would be THAT weird. And yet... if someone were to ask her too to disclose anything about her tastes to Logan, or most people honestly, she would have made an excuse and scurried away. Despite the fact she was noticing people, she hadn't even talked to Maria or Sia on that matter and she didn't really have any plans to do so anytime. Though... that certainly didn't mean she didn't like to listen when they wanted to talk. She was weird, okay? Which would not have been surprising to the present company.

His snicker got a glare turned his way, though it didn't stay pointed on him for very long as the portrait continued to speak. Oh is that what they were doing? The facade of politeness dropped, and instead her arms crossed over her chest as she straightened to her full height, intending to not look as intimidated as she had originally feared. "As magical beings, wouldn't someone with veela blood actually be magically superior than a witch or wizard?" The 'impure blood' speeches were old and tired, and she had zero patience for them. Especially when technically, she was half blooded herself - even if a second generation. But Papa was the best person she knew and any insinuation against that was intolerable. "I also don't see what's so impressive about a lineage full of inbreeding. I mean, to have fully pure blood would be pretty difficult without that at this day and age. I think it's easier if we just let the ridiculous idea of blood status die with the bitter, inconsequential old folks who thought their blood made them at all memorable." She did attempt a small sweet smile here.

She was all too happy to turn her full attention back to Logan again, giving a nod in full agreement at his words. "I think you're probably right. She doesn't look very knowledgeable anyways even if she was in a better mood."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start