Thread: Discussion: Hogwarts Legacy
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

I haven't acquired the game yet, since it'll be out in 2 days for PS5 and I bought it off an ebay listing. But I have watched a couple streams yesterday. Have to say, wow. I had played the PS1 and PS2 versions of Harry Potter games up to Goblet of Fire. What those games impressed me with was the evolution on how the world opened up. I'll always remember how impressed I was at 12 years old seeing how far they expanded Hogwarts from SS to CoS, let alone the ps2 versions and Prisoner of Azakaban. Now this was another level.

There's not too many character creations in games that go as in-depth especially for POC characters. Probably the best example of a good one that I can think of that wasn't an MMO was Soul Calibur. I was impressed with the variety of the hairstyles and how much detail they went with the afro-styled locs, braids, ponytails, etc. My plan is to create and play as an ancestor to one of my OC families (either Madigan, Feirgrund, or Forsfelle, I'm leaning with) and not only do I feel relieved to see that I could make their character but if I wanted to place myself in the game I don't have to settle with a different looking version of myself anymore with the range of skintones and hairstyles.

I know Quidditch is the one factor that is the missing factor. I really enjoyed playing the Quidditch in the earlier original games, especially Quidditch World Cup (despite how broken and easy that game was). So not being able to play a 19th century adaptation of Quidditch was a disappointment but they at least kept flying. I'll likely edit with more thoughts as soon as I get the game.

Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote