Thread: First Floor: Stone Bridge
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 03:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
“I’ve noticed,’’ Jude replied earnestly. “Do you know how much you’re glued to books about creature injuries? I’m surprised you’re not dating one of them by now.” Dafydd’s hard work had not gone unnoticed by him at least. One thing which was certain in the future? Hogwarts would be producing another top notch Healer. “Maybe at some point you’ll end up back at Hogwarts as the Healer. Ever thought of that?’' Jude couldn’t help but muse. Talk about the health of all Hogwartians being in capable hands if that happens! Not that the other Healers - past, present and the future - didn’t/wouldn’t fit that requirement.

“I really don’t know what you speak of,’’ Jude replied innocently. All jokes aside, he DID know Daf was truthful about the socks. Cal never seemed to learn. With each chore that was piled onto that list, he wanted to thump his friend on the head. What kept him back was his own amusement and the fact that this plan was not going to come to fruition. “Hard pass. I’d rather write the essay than be your butler. Though if you wanted to get romantic you should have bought me roses ages and ages ago.” Cue a hearty laugh from him. Jude loved this easy going friendship so much! “And I’m a drama queen thanks to Reagan. She’s passed all of her most dramatic acting tips onto me.” So blame his sister for that, Dafydd!
The comment about him not dating made Daffyd laugh. "It certainly does feel like I am dating those books, in a committed relationship with them even. Sometimes I even cuddle with them at night." Ever since OWL year, he was very much glued to his textbooks. Such was the life of a future pre-Healing student.

Another laugh escaped him. "Imagine all of the stories I'd have for you if I did return to Hogwarts. Kids here end up in the hospital wing all the time for the silliest reasons." Not that he would be sharing any of those because of healer-patient confidentiality. He was already practicing that practice when he did some volunteer work from time to time.

Truthfully, he didn't blame his friend when he stated that he didn't want to be his butler. But, of course, the lightheartedness continued, a playful pout appearing on his face. "What a bummer. That sounded like an excellent exchange to me." His face did scrunch up at the part about roses. "Giving someone those is a bit cliché, isn't it? If I wanted to woo you, I'd like to think I'd be more creative than that." Cue another smirk.

Dafydd rolled his eyes. "I'm sure there wasn't much you had to learn from her." Sure, her tips may have enhanced the dramatics. Though the pair of them had known each other long enough for him to know that Jude was a natural.