View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Daphne
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Having no rebuttal to his statement, her own wardrobe consisting heavily of leather garments, Daphne simple offered a coy little shrug and casual unfurling of one of her hands for dainty emphasis to said shrug. It would have been amusing to see the man go wand to boney finger in the middle of the junk shop, she had to admit, but it was better that the hand held some logical sentiency and wasted no one's time. You could imagine the goblin sized headache that would have ensued were it to stumble upon some of his wares being tampered with.

It was not so unusual for her to run into other humans down here, not was it out of the ordinary for that person to be involved in Magical Law Enforcement. It was almost a tradition, it seemed, that the heads of the department had deals and secrets whispered in the shadows here in Knockturn Alley. Daphne rarely had first hand involvement in any of them, preferring to remain on the peripheries and informed more than anything. The heads had mostly been younger optimists and those that quickly rose through the ranks only to fizzle out after a couple of years, though Upstead had been a change of pace from that...and now...her old housemate.

Though she was uncertain that he recognized her. It had been years and she had faded into oblivion almost immediately after graduating from Hogwarts for the good part of a decade.

Peppered leather was a good look for Magical Law Enforcement.

Her eyes continued to watch him as he attempted to slink by with the grace of a cat with a crooked tail and she couldn't help but clear her throat in amusement while cocking a brow. "Still paranoid I am going to steal your inkwell?" she mused while shifting her weight from one leg to the other so she pivoted more towards his direction. "That stopped being entertaining around the time I was 15." Her slight of hand and dexterous fingers had better things to do with their time now, Hugo.

Inelegance wasn’t, nor was it ever, really Hugo’s first concern. If it had, maybe he would have taken the more dramatic course of an auror to his current position. Instead, he had always been driven more by his desire not to look stupid. It’s why he had spent a lot of his time at Hogwarts studying in the library and even more time in University studying law and even more time and effort working his way up through the courts. Sure, the auror route was more flashy and probably easier, but his way? Well, it certainly required a good mind.

And a good memory. He hadn’t really needed her comment about the inkwell to refresh it. He just needed a (safe) moment to actually look her in the face. Daphne Flamsteed was a hard person to forget after all. She’d spent most of his primary school years picking on him. And torturing him, although it was likely she didn’t know that particular aspect, especially since he’d kept his particular feelings about her to himself. ”I haven’t carried an inkwell since my Uni-days. But as I haven’t seen you in ages, you probably wouldn’t know that.” Especially since he hadn’t seen or heard much about her in years. ”Lancinating as always, Flamsteed.” Her pivot drew his attention to her hips and he looked up and away, quickly making it appear like he was looking for the Korpsit.