View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Desiree’s bright blue eyes widened in amazement at Professor Khanna’s display of wandless magic. Asdfjkl! That was so cool!!! The only other person she’d seen do wandless magic was her dad, and it was a rarity for him. She wished she could do that, but she was only just learning nonverbal magic. Maybe someday…

Well, what do you know? She actually guessed the creature correctly! Desiree couldn’t help but feel a little pleased with herself for that, as DADA was definitely not her strong suit. She wondered what the prize the professor mentioned was… she hoped it was candy! Whatever it was, there was no time to think about it now. They were moving on!

She had noooo idea what to say about kappas! All she knew about them was that they were native to Japan… and wasn’t that the creature that injured Professor DeVries’s hand? No surprise that both of those things were mentioned early on! She listened to her classmates’ answers as she tried to recall details from her textbook, a task made a lot harder by the kappa bobbing along in the background. She could barely look at it and not giggle!

Brandon’s answer… yikes! Hearing that, Desiree wasn’t sure she wanted to go anywhere near that kappa. Though maybe it was secretly good inside like the Beast, she hoped! If what that younger girl (Nancy) said was true, she was going to give it allll the cucumbers! Maybe it would like them better than blood - because eww! - and they could be friends. It was finally Bella’s answer that jogged Desiree’s memory, and she raised her hand. “I think you can weaken a kappa if you trick it into bowing,” she said. She hoped… she didn’t know!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...