View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 04:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Joseph may have been surprised that his brother had not immediately assume that someone listening to music in such an objectionable way was not himself. Or perhaps that was just Mortiz optimism and compassion showing. In either case, the Slytherin immediate found himself irritated by the rounded yet still somehow pointy something that had struck him right square between the eyes and tumbled on to his belt buckle. His tongue clicked against the backs of his teeth and without a second thought he gave the offensive piece of parchment and firm flick away from himself.

"What a stupid waste of pa---" And then he saw his brother looking his direction and it all clicked. Groaning to himself, though with the volume of his music and therefore his inability to hear himself made that groan quite audible, he reached for his wand where it rested on the windowsill and summoned the ruddy piece of parchment back to himself. Rolling his eyes, he uncrumpled the parchment and used his knee to attempt to smooth out the wrinkles. He had some success in smoothing it out...all effort that proved to have been in vain considering the contents of the note. His first instinct was to show his twin a very specific finger on his hand, but instead he reached for his quill and scribbled something back and then carefully and methodically into a triangle that he then balanced one point on his knee and flicked back to his brother.

Moe caught the little triangle and unfolded it, smirking to himself as he read his response. Considering how their interactions usually went, he was quite pleased with that outcome. No swearing and no obscene hand gestures. Perhaps Joey was in a good mood today! And hopefully he would continue to be...provided he didn't call him Joey. Which he wouldn't be stupid enough to do today at least. That was reserved for special occasions when he was feeling particularly cranky towards his twin and really wanted to poke the bear.

He didn't really feel like continuing playing Parchment Quidditch across the library, so he picked up his things and walked over to the area where he was sitting, plopping down on one of the armchairs across from him. Hmm. He really should consider studying in these chairs more. Yeah, he usual window seat was nice and all but Merlin, these chairs were comfier than he'd realized...

Right, back to the matter at hand.

He knew Joseph was likely not going to take out his earbuds any time soon. Even though he couldn't see them through all that blond hair, he knew they were there, and not just because he could hear the music blaring through them clear as day. His earbuds were basically an extension of his ears at this point. So he scribbled another note, mimicking what he'd done earlier and folding it into a little triangle before he flicked it back at him.

Quote:
I do believe I was here first, in which case YOU came to study with ME. And yes, I AM flattered.

Whatcha listening to?
That first bit, Moe would truthfully have no way of knowing. He'd been in autopoilot mode for at least half an hour now, so who knew how long his brother had been there, damaging his hearing with that loud metal music. The second bit though was a genuine attempt at conversation. He only got an opportunity for that once a blue moon...

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid