Thread: Grounds: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 02:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Professor Khanna!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Dhruv cracked a mysterious grin. They then proceeded to make that buzzer-like sound one hears on those Muggle game shows when the contestant gets an answer incorrect. “Ooh! Sorry, Ms. Thanatos! Not even close! Zero points for Gryffindor!” There was nothing wrong about sharing their Boggart form, but a man was allowed to keep a few secrets. “Interesting question.” Not one he hadn’t been asked before. “Though there is no concrete evidence, it is thought that a Boggart in its resting shape is a dark blob. In Muggle methodology, they are said to have a small, hairy and ugly look. With at least two suspected natural appearances, who knows if there are more. The point I’m trying to make is that while yes, Boggarts may choose to appear in a form of their choosing but you truly wouldn’t know what they look like, would you?’’

What?! Did Vera think that they were heartless? Think again, Ms. Thanatos! “Not a problem. Hmm. Think I found the perfect one right…” Dhruv cautiously stepped into the boat beside Vera with the lifejacket and oar. “Here.” They’d use magic to cast out when they were ready but for now, they settled their bum comfortably, placed the oar at their feet then got busy with the jacket. “Blankets are very comforting. I find the fluffier it is, the higher the comfort lever. Is there anything I can help with, by the way?” Dhruv was a wealth of knowledge!

A smile grin grew on the girl's face at the buzzer like sound, a tiny giggle coming from her lips. "Hm, 3 guesses?" Well uh... 3 more she supposed, considering she had already rapid fire 3 different guesses at the Professor. Ooops. Were those really all wrong? Oh... It was a good point that even if you DID see a boggart in it's natural form, one wouldn't know it. "I think they're the most mysterious of magical creatures." Not because their purpose wasn't very straight forward - or well... mission she guessed? But just because it drove her c r a z y to not know what it's actual appearance was.

To be fair, she didn't know much about Professor Khanna yet to have a firm opinion - though she supposed her assumption came from the fact SHE would still want 'her' boat, or what they had token'd as such. An opinion was forming though, and it was favorable. She smiled at the DADA Professor as they selected the boat next to hers and she grabbed her blanket again to spread it out comfortably over herself. "The level of fluffiness is VERY important, you're right!" She responded seriously, lifting up a corner of her current one. "This is not my most fluffy blanket - because that's saved for sleep - but it is up there. Keeps me warm and comforted out here." Even when it got even chillier. At the question of if they could help with something, Ve paused considering for a moment. There WAS something she wanted to ask an adult about and she had planned on visiting Professor Paton at some point to do so but... there was an adult offering right here and who was to say Khanna wouldn't be just as insightful. Worth a shot, right? "Do you know what it takes for people to fall in love?" Not for herself clearly, she might want compliments and people to fawn over her but she WAS only thirteen.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start