Thread: Grounds: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

No yes. As always, he was perfectly aware of his surroundings and nothing ever startled him. This was the story he was telling himself right now at least so that he did not feel utterly ridiculous for having such a poor sense of his surroundings despite everything. It was like his brain just...shut that part of himself down or something after everything from his first year. Whatever. It was fine. Just because his likelihood of being petrified by a basilisk before he even knew what he was looking at was quite astronomical meant nothing.

AnYwAy.

"I am," he nodded in confirmation. Yet another story he was telling himself but not like she knew any better. Part of him wanted to behave a bit...childish in his own pettiness take over and say something like 'thanks mom' to her, but several things stopped him. Among those things being that his actual mom did not speak that way and another being that, well, he knew saying it was just him being a jerk and something (someone?) was rubbing off on him more and more who was anything but a sarcastic jerk so...Atlas was likewise toning it down.

Anyway. Again. Anyway.

What he was NOT going to do was wear his heart on his sleeve, however. "I'm not going swimming," he replied easily and, almost, irritated by the assumption. "I've just got..." A promise, a vow, to fulfil and he was going to likely stand here until his toes froze off trying to fulfil it. "...something I need to do...just waiting on Bartholomew Henry."

So...where was the stupid giant squid?
Keighley gave a nod of her head. Good for him, being all prepared and that. Not everyone would've thought about heating charms BEFORE entering the water. It happens. She would know. There had been a time or two where she had been in a hurry or in such a joyous mood that it had simply slipped her mind in that moment. She learned her lesson from it.

Erm.. huh? If he wasn't going swimming then.. what was he doing? Don't mind her for looking mildly puzzled right then. "Oh, okay?" It hadn't been meant to come out as
a question but it had. "Forgive me for asking this but.. what does waiting for Bartholomew Henry have to do with you standing in the freezing cold water for?" Perhaps it wasn't any of her business but she was curious. Annnnnnd Atlas was outside where anyone at all could see him. Surely he didn't have to be IN the water to speak with the giant squid?

You are Bread!