Thread: Grounds: The Climbing Tree
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Moose View Post
After he stopped jogging in place Ewy bent over and rested his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Being terrified was exhausting. He looked up at the tree leaves that Wiley was pointing at and lifted himself up having caught his breath. "I wouldn't know. I never really paid attention to tree leaves too much." Ewy wasn't a fool. Of course he knew there were different types of trees. But if you asked the Eleven-year-old to identify them he'd look at you like you were crazy for asking. He couldn't even remember the tree his wand wood was made from.
He trusted Wiley. His Dorm-mate seemed smart, or to Ewy definitely had more smarts about things than he did. Especially about magical stuff. Ywan only just learned that he was a Half-Blood and not a Muggleborn at the start of the term.

"You were trying to climb the tree to find your cat before I came by." He said not asking. It seemed that made the most sense based on what Wiley was telling him. He walked around the tree his head tilted up again to see if he could spot Wiley's cat all the while still staying vigilant should this Oak Tree actually be able to Whomp them both into pancakes. Ewy turned his attention to the trunk of the tree and spotted something interesting. "Look you can put your feet in these little nooks on the trunk, and can reach the branch from there." He pointed from the trunk to the branch he witnessed his friend trying to reach from the ground.
He dare not do it himself. Too much effort in trying to climb a tree.
Wiley was enough of an outdoorsy kid to have learned about different trees so he was pretty sure this one wasn't a willow and was in fact an oak, even if he had a short, panicky moment of second-guessing when Ewy came rushing over, warning him of imminent danger. "Yeah.. I'm pretty sure.." He hopped up and plucked a leaf from the branch, turning it over in his hands, even more certain that it was an oak.

"I was," he nodded before looking up again, trying to see where Fish Bait might have gone. "I think he must have gotten up pretty high because I can't see him anymore in the leaves." And if he was too far up there, he might not be able to get down by himself. Wiley looked back down again, this time to see Ewy walking around the tree. Curious himself, he started to follow, then stopped as his dormmate came around again, pointing to some divots in the trunk. How hadn't he noticed those himself?!

"Oh, cool! I'm gonna try that," he exclaimed, immediately using them to his advantage as he began to pull himself up again. "C'mon, Ewy. Wanna climb up too?" Because climbing trees was fun, even if he needed to find his cat first.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line