Thread: First Floor: Stone Bridge
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 12:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
There was literally only one person outside of his immediate family that Jude conversed with in fluent Welsh. “Hi, Dafydd!’’ Yep, they were going to keep the tradition going by chatting in their language. “Uh huh. It’s gotten to that point where I’m procrastinating when it comes to homework.” Jude propped his elbows up on the ledge of the bridge before resting his chin on his palms. “I think it might be because of the prospect of NEWTs. I’m not keen on reliving all that time we spent studying for OWLs.” End of term exams weren’t as bad as major exams. “Any chance I can bribe you into writing a few of my essays?” he joked.

This was their final hurdle at Hogwarts then they would be out in the world, doing their own things. Which reminded Jude… “You’re not allowed to cancel on our catch-up dates after we graduate,’’ he remarked with a laugh. Dafydd was one of those friends that he’d go out of his way to keep their friendship going despite the busy life that would no doubt await each of them.
It didn't take very long for Dafydd to make himself right at home. He had set his book bag on the ground and leaned against the side of the bridge, momentarily looking out at the view beyond. When Jude's words were heard, he could not help but chuckle.

"Bit early for procrastination to hit, mate. Though I totally get what you mean. NEWT year has been giving me flashbacks to OWLs. But we'll survive," he replied, his blue eyes shifting over to his friend. As for being bribed to write a few essays, he couldn't stop himself from rolling his eyes. "Only if you are willing to be at my beck and call for, like, an entire month."

Graduate. The word rang in his ears and invoked a bizarre feeling in his stomach. It was strange thinking that, in just a handful of months, their days at Hogwarts would be over. They'd be out there, tackling the real world. "Of course. Wouldn't miss them for the world," Dafydd told Jude sincerely. Then as an afterthought, he joked, "Just promise to remember me when you become a household name thanks to WADA, and I'll make sure to personally take care of you should you ever end up at Mungo's."