Thread: SS: Lost In Translation
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 11:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

[B]“My parents do. The things they’d worry about now are us not being happy or successful.” Advika would be correct about the past silly dramatics by the Nadeem brothers actually bonding the family even more. “Mom always lets us know verbally that she’s proud. Dad isn’t that sentimental but would find small ways to let us know that he’s proud as well.” A warm smile was offered. “Thank you.” That compliment was going to be living with him for the rest of his life. Suresh didn’t think he ever enjoyed talking to anyone about his family as much as he did to his museum date. “It’s bribery, that’s what it is! And I make sure to tell him that. But yes, I’m a lassi addict now.” There was a playful eye roll before the laughter followed. “I can just picture them panicking,’’ Sur remarked, putting himself figuratively in the shoes of Advika’s parents. “Fruit snacks your thing then?” His heart warmed considerably every time he heard that giggle. Truly it was one of the most fantastic sounds ever. “Are you closer to your dad?” There was that belief that daughters were closer to their fathers while sons were closer to their mothers. In his case, he was definitely closer to his mother.

What a pity Suresh was oblivious to the effect he was having on Advika with regard to him agreeing with her. But he hadn’t been saying those words just because he thought it would help gain entry to her good books; it was just in his nature to be understanding. And did this mean that she’d want to spend more time in his company? Of course, Suresh would push his luck but since she didn’t think he was boring… There was a huge pang of disappointment when Advika mentioned that she had hoped her parents would move with her. Maybe one day she would convince them to and she’d move to Brazil and she and him would drift apart. Did that mean that he should cease in his attempts to get her to like him? Then that stubborn and determined Suresh took over. There was no way he’d give up that easily! “You’ll end up wherever you’re meant to be,’’ he relayed rather confidently. “I wouldn’t think too much about it. I’m a big believer that the Universe gets us where we’re supposed to be.”

He knew exactly what Advika meant! “Yes, because everyone interprets something a little differently each time. Sort of like telling a story: bits and pieces are added, bits and pieces are omitted.” Sur was silent for a little while as he studied the symbols. “If you think about it, humankind is somewhat devolving. We used images to communicate in the start and it seems we’ve arrived at that again. The only difference is that we call them memes, gifs and stickers.” Oh, was that the reason she was off. Suresh shook his head, grinning. “Don’t worry about it! Someday you wouldn’t even have to think twice about what they meant.” Projecting this positivity onto Advika he was! “Shall we check out the next exhibit then?”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote