View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 08:15 PM   #43 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Desiree was only half listening to the lecture. She was more interested in actually using a pogo stick than the history of one, though a question did come to mind. She vaguely remembered a silly muggle dance called the pogo. Was that named for the pogo stick, or was the toy named for the dance? Probably the former… Feirgrund said the pogo stick was invented in the early 20th century, and she was pretty sure the dance came later.

Desiree eagerly followed the group into the hall, blue pogo stick in hand. Finally, pogo time! She hoped she remembered how to do this. It had been several years since she’d been on a pogo stick. She listened carefully to the instructions, finding a place in line removed from the other students. Ooh, the floor was charmed? She wondered which spell the professor had used, maybe a softening charm like she’d mentioned earlier? Come to think of it, if the charm would make them able to bounce back up if they fell, would it make the pogo sticks even bouncier than usual? That sounded fun!

Standing with her back to the wall, Desiree held her pogo stick a little above her belly just as Professor Feirgrund did. Okay, here goes! Gripping both handles, she leaned forward and stepped onto the pogo stick, one foot then the other. She wobbled almost immediately, instinctively putting a foot down. Well, that didn’t work! Let’s try that again…

She carefully got back on the pogo stick, this time reaching out a hand to grab onto the wall. So far, so good. After a few minutes, she decided to try it without holding onto the wall. As she let go, she wobbled a little bit but managed to stay on the pogo stick this time. Hey, she was doing it! How long could she stay like this? She looked around at the other students as she kept balancing. Unable to resist joining in the jumping, she did a few little bounces on her pogo stick. Boing, boing, boing!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...