View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 04:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Our favorite Ashley Fox <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

If Evan had said that they needed the Ashes of the world, she would have melted and possibly died. It was hard to feel like the world needed Ashes when she wanted to leave a big positive impact on the world and she didn't think she was making any impact at all. Evan was extra wonderful during those times(like now), by the way. And she appreciated him and his kindness so much. Evans were very much needed in the world, she would have told him. Especially in a world with Ashes! "I obviously don't do mirrors, you know, so I've been looking at a lot of pictures and using those for reference. I'm super into self portraits now." That wasn't self-centered, was it? She liked painting other people too! It was just that she thought self-portraits helped her understand her self. "You should see my art studio! It wasn't there the last time you came to my apartment but I converted the spare bedroom." He should come over and stay as long as he wanted to. Ash loved having guests. Her apartment was too big for just her all the time. Especially now that her boyfriend AND her brother were away. Too lonely. "You should come over sometime, if you want. You'd be welcomed. As long as you don't mind my owl, rabbit, and cat." Especially Maggie the owl. Maggie was unpleasant at times.

"Doing things for myself is all... bubble baths. And piano. And journaling. And sleeping 8 hours a night. And learning to cook things myself. Theodore came over the other day to show me how to make steak." Ash liked being free, and living away from her family. She liked it a lot. Was she prepared or qualified or in her opinion, deserving for it? No. But it was one of the best things that could have happened to her, she decided. "Getting to do things that I feel like I have to do for myself makes me feel very free."

Well, if she was going to melt and die than he certainly would have been glad he had not said it. Unless she was actually a phoenix and could resurrect herself, which considering all the things... that seemed plausible. Evan didn't particularly think he was anyone exceedingly kind, or special, but by now everyone knew he did not hold himself in that type of a regard. But he knew that the people who cared about him, and whom he most cared about did, and that was really all that mattered. At least, to him. "I think not doing it based on a mirror and from old photos is even more special. If you think about it, a mirror just reflects what you look like in that moment, and what you feel looking at yourself. But a photo? That shows what you look like to someone else, and that's an even more special series of artwork." If she wanted his knut on the subject. "I would love to, anytime." An art studio sounded fun and he would be curious to see how she had changed her space. He was also very open for spending as much time with her too before he was out on the water. "That sounds fun to me. And I don't mind animals." Particularly not cats, though he imagined Padme would think him coming back smelling like another was the ultimate act of betrayal.

He was very pleased to hear she was putting herself first. He often worried about Ash and the fact that she seemed to prioritize others over herself, which while admirable was... not exactly healthy. Bubble baths, journaling and cooking... 8 hours a night! That was all very healthy and he loved that for her. "I'm glad to hear you're doing all that. Merlin knows you could have afforded to be able to sleep more." He grinned at her, taking a sip of his drink. "I'm proud of you. For doing all that."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote