Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Sadie was not known to display spontaneous acts of kindness, not unless you were her twin sister or Ezra, but she was arguably one of the more compassionate of the Kareless family. At least when it came to selflessness. Di Di was turning this leaf over more each day now that he was attached to the Owl Post shopkeeper, but that was neither here nor there for now. Bottom line was more she would not exactly constitute what she had said nor her performance as kindness. Yes, she was absolutely the sort to nitpick words and argue lexicon for the sake of it.

It was fun to ruffle feathers, especially when you knew you were right.

She had not counted on him countering with that sort of smile and there was simultaneously an intense rush of exhilaration and regret. Autumn was right though, she never would be any good at this if she didn't just go for it. So...here she was. Safer than indulging in what Delaney was putting out into the universe, which she had thus far done a fair job of resisting. "Oh well, stylish and environmentally friendly. I refuse to be a part of the 50 billion paper cups and 250 billion were unrecycled plastic bottles problem," she explained with a little wiggle of her Nalgene. All this, naturally, was said to cover the silence that had built while he was pretending to consider her...or whatever it was he was doing with the male gaze...only for him to break his own silence with that. She wasn't sure if she was disappointed her tactics had seemed to work or mortified.

"I'm Sadie," she grimaced, she was trying to put on a breezy smile here, while slipping her hand into his. "So...now you know it. Curtis. My name. Consider yourself forgiven."

"Huh, so you really care about the environment," Curtis half-asked. She did pretty much say it, but perhaps he just wanted confirmation. Or perhaps expecting her to spill more on her interests. "I can get with that, anything to save the plants and..." And what? What was stopping him?

"Sadie... that's kind of pretty," Oh, that. Her hands were soft, unlike his that developed some callouses over wrestling a rogue Tentacula as one of Valerie's tests among other gardening. But he at least washed them regularly. A small smile, "You sure? I could get you a nice meal... outside of here," No offense, nameless clerk, but this wasn't first date material.. But wait, did he ask her out on a date? "But if you've already forgiven me, we could cancel that," Well, Bob's your uncle.

Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote