View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 10:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Desiree positively beamed at the praise her answer received. She agreed; it was a splendid memory! She listened to the brief lecture as much as she was able, but her eyes kept wandering to the boxes. She was too curious about the contents to concentrate on anything else! Fortunately she didn’t have to wait long to find out what was inside.

She retrieved a box from the front, thanking the professor when it was handed to her, and eagerly opened it the second she got back to her seat. Ooh, a pogo stick! A blue one. She would’ve preferred pink or purple, but blue was okay too. That color reminded her of the Beast! She had fond memories of playing on pogo sticks in primary school gym class. Those were fun… not as much fun as a doll, but still fun!

As she considered the question, she couldn't think of a single toy in the wizarding world that was even remotely similar to a pogo stick… except a toy broom. Both were sort of stick-shaped, and both sort of allowed the user to hover over the ground. But that answer had been said several times! So what else could she say? As she listened to her classmates, one answer (Brandon’s) gave her an idea. She’d been so focused on thinking of a toy that she didn’t consider spells that might be similar. Duh, Des! She didn’t have much experience with wizarding world toys, but spells were something she knew! It was just a matter of finding a way to word her answer that didn’t sound like she was showing off.

“I think Brandon’s right,” she said after raising her hand, giving her younger housemate an encouraging smile. “There’s a softening charm. It makes its target soft and spongey, so you can bounce if you jump on it.”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...