Thread: Grounds: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 03:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
It wasn't nice to stare, or so she'd been taught, but Nora couldn't take her eyes off the crup. It was one thing to read about magical creatures in textbooks, but to see one in person? That was a different story altogether! She managed to pull her gaze away to look toward the professor, who was offering help if she ever got overwhelmed. Too late. The overwhelming had already happened way back when that owl came swooping into the family living room and nearly sent her running for the hills. "Thank you," she said anyway, because she knew that moment with the owl wouldn't be the last time the magical world took her by surprise.

"I think I just miss home," she admitted. "Everybody else seems to have someone in their life who's also a part of the magical world. I feel like I've been taken away to a completely different planet or something." As much as she and her older brother displayed a healthy dose of sibling rivalry, she'd have given almost anything to have him here with her. She cleared her throat in a somewhat nervous type of way and knelt down beside the crup. Slowly, as if she'd turned into a sloth, she reached a hand out toward Beans. "Hi, Beans," she half-whispered. Please don't eat my hand.
"You're welcome, I mean that too, so please if you ever have questions or maybe just want to familiarize yourself with some of the creatures better.. don't hesitate to do so." Creatures were her thing after all so hopefully anything Nora may be interested in she could answer for her. Most of the time she could be found where the creatures were anyhow.

It might not feel like it to the first year but what she was saying was true for many students. Perhaps not in the fact that they also came from non-magical homes but homesickness was real and very strong at the start of a new school year. "It's more than okay to feel that way, everything you've ever come to know is now completely different. Hogwarts is very overwhelming even to those that come from magical backgrounds." Meaning that Nora wasn't all alone in her thoughts and feelings. "It does get better. There may even come a time when you are home and you miss being here." Life was full of surprises and one could never know for sure how they would feel about something in a few years time. Or even within a few weeks! Hady smiled softly in encouragement as she watched Beans and Nora.

Beans being the sometimes lazy crup that he was, laid down right there at the young girls feet looking up at her with dark eyes as he expected the pettings.

You are Bread!