Thread: Fifth Floor: Weasley Swamp
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 03:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

She wasn't sure if she should be offended or touched by his words. On the one hand, having no 'estimate' almost seemed to translate into her mind as she was not worth having on opinion on. But on the other hand, it could also just he had zero expectations from her at all because - why would he? Or she was entirely thinking too much on a simple remark (which was the most likely case) so she settled for a "Thank you?" See. Such a Ravenclaw. Multiple times already in this conversation she had not been able to follow what he meant. Ignoring that just said something about HER intelligence and probably not his.

Honestly, the sarcasm and the eye roll - she was a bit proud of herself for having gotten him to have such a reaction. And she couldn't help the small giggle. "And I thought you were the smart one." She teased, smiling back at him until his face slipped back into what she had already grown accustomed to seeing. Eating made the most sense to her, because who didn't like that? And wasn't there like... an assumption that that was all teenage boys did? Because of the whole growing and growth spurts thing. "Do you like waiting tables?" That seemed like a whole lot of interaction, and considering you couldn't tell a customer when they were wrong... she was quite certain it was something she would have had a difficult time doing. "I have been to an Asian cuisine restaurant! It was really yummy. And the smells were really nice. What's your favorite meal that your family prepares?" Who knew that he could seem to have a sentimental side as well.

The closest place to where she dropped it... the problem was, Vera had thought she was doing that. But now that he specifically brought attention to it, she was no longer certain. Straightening for a moment, she stared at the muck in front of her and then to either side. "Well... I think it was right here. It... kind of flew off my wrist when I was trying to run the other way." That's what she got for wearing something that did not properly fit. Hands plunged back into the swamp, she grasped something and pulled it out - only to hold some broken eye wear. "Unfortunate."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start