Thread: First Floor: Portraits
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Did Logan want to be dragged along in pursuit of a portrait he just knew didn't exist in the castle? No. Was he trailing after Vera because it was a great opportunity to avoid homework? Absolutely. Were there other reasons for doing so? He'd think about that later. Maybe.

"See any Veela up there?" he asked, nonchalantly watching her looking up at all of the portraits hung up on the wall. He could have been looking with her, of course. It would have been nice to have a pretty portrait to look at from time to time. But, out of spite, he had decided that he wasn't going to be of much help. It just didn't make sense to assist Vera in proving him wrong.

"It'll be loads faster if you just ask if there's one," the blond suggested. Not that he was in a rush or anything. If there was a Veela to be seen, then finding it sooner meant more time for gawking. If there wasn't one, then they could spend their time looking for other things. "But pretty sure we're just wasting our time. My dad would've mentioned it to me if there was one."
Hearing the question behind her, she turned around and looked at him, a small glare settling on her face as her arms crossed over her chest. "I'm looking. You could help, you know? You've got like 5 inches on me now that you had a growth spurt, or whatever. I can hardly see the ones allllll the way up!" Her 5 foot frame could only see so far.

She looked again back towards a few of the closer portraits, before gesturing towards them. "Please, go ahead. I'm sure they'd love to talk to you." Talking to the portraits was actually not high on her list of things to do, even if she did have questions she wanted answers to, outside of the current task. The portraits intimidated her a little bit - particularly when rumors had circulated that some could be really quite mean. She was more emotional and would not accidentally stumble on a nasty one and cry in front of Logan, okay? "I admit your parents are probably some of the most knowledgable around, but do you really think they could have seen everything around the castle? It is SO big it seems like things will always be missed!"

Though, perhaps veela pictures were something most teenage boys would prioritize. She didn't really know as she, thankfully, did not have the mind of a teenage boy. "Besides, why the hurry? Do you actually have plans today?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start