Thread: SS: Lost In Translation
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 01:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

“That’s exactly it,’’ Suresh responded, nodding with a smile. “I think my brothers and I find those situations funny now, even if we realise how foolish we had been. I certainly feel guilty about any worry I may have put my parents through.” But it was all the proverbial water under the bridge. “Not verbally but I was treated to lassi everyday for about two weeks. That’s the closest to any apology I'll ever get.” The young man grinned. “I have no complaints though. I think it was then that my lassi obsession started. What's the worst you've ever scared your parents accidentally?” He was all ears again, hanging on to Advika’s every word. “Bad things happen to good people, yes.” Her words were telling him so much about her and Suresh already knew this much: Advika was as kind as she was wise. This just made him like her even more. So, so much more. “Giving them a second chance.” There was more nodding on his part. “Second chances can work wonders in many cases. Sometimes all someone needs is for someone to believe in them.” Advika had no cause to be embarrassed. “You’re not boring. I promise you that.” If he had added that he would willingly fall silent just to listen to her for the rest of his life, it may not come across as seriously as he meant it. Or, in the worst case scenario, be perceived as creepy and scare her away. “Surely you’d have a reason to return here?’’ Perhaps something academically? Or a friend that she couldn’t bear to leave behind?

“I’m glad I got that one right and didn’t manage to make myself look silly in front of you,’’ Sur half joked before zoning in on Ra. “The Sun God.” That much he knew. “There are so many symbols,’’ Suresh mused. “Some differ in just the slightest of ways from the others. If one isn’t careful, the incorrect meanings can be deciphered.” Suresh’s gaze left the hieroglyphics for a moment. There was something up with Advika though he couldn’t exactly place his finger on it. He lightly patted the hand linked through his. “Are you alright?” His voice was full of concern, even if his interest in the hieroglyphics was still there.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote