Thread: Grounds: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 03:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Nora's eyebrows turned inward as she studied the forked tail of the dog...er, crup. Did it get that way by accident, or were all crups born that way? She decided not to ask right now. She realized how distracted she was when it occurred to her that Paton had asked a question that Nora hadn't exactly heard. The weather? "Uhhh, oh! Yes, I am. It's a good escape from classes and homework," she answered. Then it dawned on her that she'd just admitted that to a professor, and she reddened in the face. "Sorry," she muttered. "I didn't mean that in a bad way."

"That's what I keep telling myself. That one day this will all be like second nature to me," she remarked. "Right now, it's not even close." So the dog's name was Beans Paton, hmm? The name made the creature seem less of a threat and more like the kind of dog she was used to. Paton was offering to let her pet him, too, but Nora wasn't sure just yet. "Umm, I don't know," she said. "What...what happened to his tail?"
It didn't slip Hady's attention, the curious looks Nora was giving Beans. While he looked very much like the muggle Jack Russell Terrier dog, his tail is what surprised the some students that weren't aware of his magical breed. All of this new magical information had to be very overwhelming, she was sure. So she wasn't bothered when it seemed for a brief moment that Nora may have missed her question. There true honest in the answer she did receive made her laugh softly. "It's perfectly alright, don't be sorry for being honest. Lessons and homework can be a bit much at times.. i remember how it was back when I was a student here. There's times where it can feel never-ending. So if you start to feel overwhelmed don't be afraid to talk with one of us professors or a fellow student." Her door was always open to anyone that needed to talk with her, whether it be about lessons or anything else.

"That day will come much faster than you expect but there's always going to be that sense of wonder behind all things magical. At least.. that's how it is for me." There was plenty of different forms of magic and they each held a special sense of awe even now for her after all these years. Hady smiled softly in understanding. "That's alright, maybe another time when you're ready to. Crups are a magical breed of dog, Beans was born with his tail that way as are all crups. Normally their tail is cropped a bit when they are very young to make them more undetectable around none magic folk."

You are Bread!