Thread: Grounds: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 02:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Sailor looked at Phoenix as his dorm mate turned to meet his gaze and nodded at him as his way of saying hello, before looking back at the lake. No ripples. No bubbles. Not much movement, aside from the wind blowing. The lake was disturbingly quiet at the moment. "I've been observing." Sailor wasn't sure for how long, but it felt long. "The squid might be entertaining the Slytherins in their common room. I once heard from a passing pair of Slytherins before. It's possible." Not that he meant to eavesdrop at that moment, but conversations holding information like that were hard to ignore and forget.

He had also noticed the journal in Phoenix's possession. "Are you doing research? What are you taking notes of?" Even without the affirmation, Sailor was already intrigued with the idea of it. Observation was a data-gathering method, and that was what he thought Phoenix was out here for. Sailor could learn a new thing or two.
Once Sailor met his gaze, Poenix slid over a bit as a way of making room if his dormmate wanted to come over by him and sit, then he turned his eyes back towards the lake momentarily. "Oh... like for a while or just today?" Because that could old two very different meanings. If Sailor had been observing the squid's daily habits over a length of time, that could tell him something about when he was more likely to make an appearance because creatures often followed an intrinsic schedule, even if not so strict. But if it was just for a little while today, there would have to be something more telling for him to believe it wasn't likely for the squid to appear eventually. But either way, Phoenix was curious.

Entertaining the Slytherins. Phoenix nodded as he considered this tidbit of information. "Must be cool to be able to look at all the sea life through the porthole windows any time you want." Not that he really wanted a trade. He really did like their own common room a whole lot and thought it was the best at the school. "My cousin was a Slytherin," he added as an afterthought. He did get a chance to see those porthole windows because of him, but he really missed Benjee being at school with him.

He glanced down at his journal. "Yeah, kind of. Nothing really official, but I thought I'd start writing down my observations out here. I saw some grindylows the other morning, just wanted to see what else I could find." Or more grindylows of course, but recording observations was the best way to find patterns.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line