Thread: Grounds: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 04:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
It was true that like everyone, even a professor enjoyed a few moments to herself from time to time. Hady however was so used to being around people, namely her super large family, that she never once minded the students or other staff stepping into her quiet moments that had been meant for herself. Interacting with others was what she enjoyed doing, otherwise she seriously was in the wrong profession now.

Having heard some footsteps close by, it wasn't very hard to meet the gaze of the first year those steps belonged to. "Miss Collins, hello there. Enjoying the lovely weather that we're having today?" her smile was warm and gentle as was her tone. Seeing how Nora's attention shifted onto the crup that was with her, Hady gave a gentle laugh and a nod of her head in understanding. "It takes some getting used to but it will happen in time. One day it will all seem like second nature to you and then you'll be asking yourself when that had happened." Being around so much magic, day in and day out had a way of shifting how one thought, looked at and felt about certain things. "His name is Beans and he's a very friendly, if not sometimes lazy, crup." No offense to Beans but he was slowly getting older, around five or six years old now. "You're welcome to pet him if you like." The offer was there if Nora wanted to.
Nora's eyebrows turned inward as she studied the forked tail of the dog...er, crup. Did it get that way by accident, or were all crups born that way? She decided not to ask right now. She realized how distracted she was when it occurred to her that Paton had asked a question that Nora hadn't exactly heard. The weather? "Uhhh, oh! Yes, I am. It's a good escape from classes and homework," she answered. Then it dawned on her that she'd just admitted that to a professor, and she reddened in the face. "Sorry," she muttered. "I didn't mean that in a bad way."

"That's what I keep telling myself. That one day this will all be like second nature to me," she remarked. "Right now, it's not even close." So the dog's name was Beans Paton, hmm? The name made the creature seem less of a threat and more like the kind of dog she was used to. Paton was offering to let her pet him, too, but Nora wasn't sure just yet. "Umm, I don't know," she said. "What...what happened to his tail?"