Thread: Grounds: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 01:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Woops xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Vera could hear the footsteps coming closer still, but she was still blindly believing no one would notice her or her boat and take one of the others instead. In truth, there was nothing special about THIS particular boat except it happened to be the farthest from the entrance - which was why she preferred it for her little hide out. So when the feet stopped moving on the wooden pier, she just assumed the person had selected a boat and was gone.

Clearly she didn't consider she didn't hear any movement of an actual boat, but... y'know.

So with the new silence, her body relaxed again under the blanket and she flipped a couple more pages in her book - already thinking she was not fond of this particular author. She was feeling so at ease and alone again, that the gentle prod of the oar was truly unexpected.

Which was probably why it got SUCH a load scream in response.

"AAAAAAH!"

She bolted upright in the boat, flying as far back into it as she could go while the blanket slipped off and pooled where she had been previously. Eyes found the oar stretched out and then traveled up to the face of... Professor Khanna. Uhhhh...oops? "Er.. hello, Professor." She tried to say it as naturally as possible, as if her heart was not still beating a million miles a minute.

A BANSHEE then????????

In that utterly wild moment, Dhruv’s brain was working overtime to pull up each and every bit of information they knew on the Banshees. The most important being how to handle and have them removed from one’s surroundings. The professor had even managed to grab his wand because let’s face it: there was no Laughing Potion handy. Unless Javier had some stocked up and Dhruv tried to Summon it.

The cover slipped off to reveal a scurrying Vera Thanatos and for one moment, the man was completely as stunned as she was. It took them a beat to register that their wand and oar were still pointing at the girl. “Apologies, Ms. Thanatos. You’re clearly neither a Boggart nor a Banshee.” Even if she sounded like a Banshee. The wand was hastily reholstered while the oar was lowered. Dhruv pushed the pair of shades in place awkwardly. “I… ah. I see I’ve disturbed you. How do I make this right?” Just walk away? Give her ten points to her House? No, the latter was out of the question.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺