Thread: Grounds: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Finn did not particularly care for exercising, but he'd learned that a brisk walk through the grounds made for a good break from studying. Better than a quick game of Gobstones, honestly, which had been a disappointing discovery given how much more fun Gobstones was than walking aimlessly. Today's walk took him by the lake, where the sight of a boy standing in the water quickly distracted him from his thoughts of Gobstones and Goblin wars.

Wasn't it too cold for swimming?

He supposed it must not be. Without thinking too much about it, Finn kicked off his shoes and socks. Hobbling bent over toward the waterline, he rolled up his trousers and strolled into the water toward the boy. "What are you doing?" he asked as he got closer. He shivered a bit. The water was cold, but he certainly felt more alert than he'd been ten minutes ago.
Mercer's deep concentration (and chilly toes) was interrupted by someone else splashing into the shallows, and he glanced up with a little puzzled look on his face. He barely understood why he did things sometimes, let alone why other people would join him. And yet, here he was, starting a party in the lake.

"I was... well. What are you doing, actually? Because the water is actually much colder than I thought it would be and I'm just wondering if you'd miss your toes? Also I think a fish keeps biting my big toe. So." Mercer crouched briefly and came up with a small silver fish that he immediately released. "It's not his fault, I guess. Toes look like food, don't they?"

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest