Thread: Grounds: The Climbing Tree
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 04:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Uncle Moose
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lazlo Pitt
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Paige Hall
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Janus "Jeq" Quimby
Ecological Protection
x7 x8
Mom says I have no sense of direction, so I packed my bags and right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
"The Whomping Willow.. what?" Ewy's panic and concern rubbed off on Wiley a moment and he jumped back away from the tree, turning in the process to look up at the tree. Wait, was this the Whomping Willow?

All the excitement cause the eleven year old to second guess himself a moment, but no... he didn't really think so, even though he still had yet to see the actual Whomping Willow. He took a calming breath then turned back around to face his dormmate again.

"I don't think it is... no.. It looks like an oak tree, see the leaves?" He pointed at the leaves hanging from the nearest branch. Unless the Whomping Willow was a misnomer... He sure hoped not, though. "My cat climbed up there," he pointed up again, further up. "But I can't see him in the leaves." And he certainly didn't want him whomped.
After he stopped jogging in place Ewy bent over and rested his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Being terrified was exhausting. He looked up at the tree leaves that Wiley was pointing at and lifted himself up having caught his breath. "I wouldn't know. I never really paid attention to tree leaves too much." Ewy wasn't a fool. Of course he knew there were different types of trees. But if you asked the Eleven-year-old to identify them he'd look at you like you were crazy for asking. He couldn't even remember the tree his wand wood was made from.
He trusted Wiley. His Dorm-mate seemed smart, or to Ewy definitely had more smarts about things than he did. Especially about magical stuff. Ywan only just learned that he was a Half-Blood and not a Muggleborn at the start of the term.

"You were trying to climb the tree to find your cat before I came by." He said not asking. It seemed that made the most sense based on what Wiley was telling him. He walked around the tree his head tilted up again to see if he could spot Wiley's cat all the while still staying vigilant should this Oak Tree actually be able to Whomp them both into pancakes. Ewy turned his attention to the trunk of the tree and spotted something interesting. "Look you can put your feet in these little nooks on the trunk, and can reach the branch from there." He pointed from the trunk to the branch he witnessed his friend trying to reach from the ground.
He dare not do it himself. Too much effort in trying to climb a tree.