Thread: Fifth Floor: Weasley Swamp
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

If Sailor could read minds and if he knew of what exactly was going on in Vera's mind in relation to snails and slugs, he would have laughed. Anatomically, there wasn't a huge difference between snails and slugs but one clearly had a shell outside, and that made all the difference. "It was snail. I know what I saw. But if you could provide evidence of slug slime in face masks, I'd humbly accept." That one particular face mask package he recalled even had a photo of a snail on it, which to Sailor did not make the product any more appealing than the thought of slime on his face. Sometimes, he wondered how anyone would think of picking up a snail—or slug, if that helped Vera sleep better at night—and stealing its secretions to experiment on. Truly peculiar, but that was science. "Nutrition, leather, fertiliser, food webs and ecosystems," Sailor started. "The first person to think of mud baths probably looked at a pig and thought, 'if they can do it, why not humans?' or something." All very hypothetical, but the answers to big research inquiries were initially assumptions. "You could always check the internet." She knew what that was, right?

Whether he was off-limits or not for Vera's giggling affairs did not concern Sailor, but he generally understood the concept of off-limits, especially where a dorm mate was involved. As 'hands-on' as Sailor was, his dorm mates, like Vasco and Phoenix for example, were excluded from his list of potential targets and, by extension, so were their family. This Ravenclaw appreciated order in the dorm, and he got along pretty well with them. He'd rather not disrupt that peace. On the topic of happy places, Sailor found that strange. "Didn't realise I needed to be somewhere specific to be happy. Is the slug pit your happy place?" In other words, whoever thought of the swamp as their happy place needed help.

Oh, come on, Vera. Some extra entertainment would have been appreciated here. Noting that she was indeed not trying hard enough, Sailor dropped the conversation in his head and bent down to untie his shoe laces. "Start looking, you don't have to wait for me," he said. He'd be there in a moment, but if he untied these slowly, maybe she'd find her bracelet in no time and he wouldn't have to join her. He liked to delay. And if anything went south, he was...well, it wouldn't be very fun either of them.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...