Thread: Basement: Fruit Bowl
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yukie Selina Rasting
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Text Cut: Roraaa~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Aurora couldn’t predict how long she had been stood there staring at the painting before another student exited before her eyes. Her nose buds were met by the delicious waft of freshly baked cookies and her stomach grumbled a little at the prospect of there being all these snacks directly behind the painting ready for her to enjoy. It was a good job that the little Ravenclaw had a fast acting metabolism and an active personality or she might have put on weight already!

The other student started talking to her and the eleven-year-old beamed in response. “I was going to but no one has told me how to get in.” Had she missed that part in the grand tour or had they intentionally left it out to prevent all those first years from indulging on sugary treats. She imagined it was bad enough trying to control a whole group of very excited firsties let alone a group entirely fuelled by sucrose. “Can you teach me how?” Pretty please with a cherry on top.

And then the most exciting thing happened and the other student actually offered her a cookie. “Yes please! They smell delicious” She grinned. “No, I’m not allergic to anything.. at least I don’t think I am. I’ve never tested but I’ve never reacted to anything I’ve eaten and I’ve eaten many cookies!” Secretly, behind her Ma Layla’s back.

“I’m Aurora” she introduced herself to the Hufflepuff.

It was wild how first year for Yukie was three terms ago. She hadn't really paid attention to the passage of time, always simply enjoying the present and making plans for the future, but she hadn't took a moment to look back. It was only now that it hit Yukie that she was technically an older student. "The kitchens aren't exactly on the welcoming tour, so it's alright that you haven't figured out where it is!" The Hufflepuff replied, matching the younger girl's big smile with one of her own. She'd always thought that the kitchens should be open for all, but maybe the house elves didn't want to be bothered all the time. That part, she understood. "Oh, yes! See that pear over there in the corner?" Yukie pointed at it, stepping aside so the first year could have a better view. "That's the one you should tickle. It'll laugh a lot, until it turns into a doorknob." It was funny too, when the pear giggled and all. Laughter was so contagious.

See? First years were just so excitable and eager. Yukie tilted the jar towards the younger girl so she could take a cookie. "Here you go. Take whichever you want and how many you like! There's classic chocolate chip, oatmeal, red velvet, snickerdoodle, and more in there." Or she could even choose one blindly for a bit of a surprise factor. It's what Yukie did when she wasn't sure what flavour to eat.

"Lovely to meet you, Aurora. Like the princess!" Yukie commented. "My name is Yukie. I'm a fourth year. Is this your first year?" She had only assumed previously, but it's always nice to be sure.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...