Thread: Fifth Floor: Weasley Swamp
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 06:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: squeaaaaaaak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Suppose he should be grateful that no such squeaking boots dance happened. Not only would that have ruptured Sailor's ear drums, but it would have made him an unwilling spectator of something as ridiculous as Vera whirling in her oversized boots and clashing clothes. It would have been worthy blackmail though, but that was none of his concerns right now.

From all her eye rolling, though, Sailor could imagine Vera eye rolling herself into another dimension. Maybe with enough energy to transport across the universe, she would be able to, and Sailor would gladly provide her more reasons to roll her eyes. This was a win-win situation, he would think so. "It is odd." To him, it was, but he would not go on with an explanation. Things either make sense or not to him, and other people ought not to know. Sailor gave Vera a side look for her surprise. "Have you never heard of mud baths?" People wouldn't have mud baths in spas or wherever if they were of no benefit to human existence...unless it was some capitalist scheme, which was a huge possibility, but there was the science to prove it all from what Sailor read. But now the possibility of it all being a scam was going to keep him up later. He'd dive into more literature. "I didn't hear. I read." He quite enjoyed being difficult with the likes of Vera Thanatos.

Oh, his smile? Distracting? What a concept. Truly, he was no frequent smiler but Sailor was capable of exercising his facial muscles too. It wasn't that hard. He did it a lot at his family's restaurant, for diners liked to tip young, polite waiters with charming smiles. Instead of replying to her teasing comment, Sailor instead looked at her and smiled. It was a different smile from the first one. The first one was so obviously forced, but this one was brighter. Charming. Practiced through all those years, but one might not even tell because it looked so natural. The kind of smile he'd have given to any customer at their restaurant. One would actually think he had been dropped from heaven with this sort of smile. That's what Sailor would want anyone to think. "Surprise," he said, before quickly turning back to the swamp with his smile now a thing of the past, just in time for another bubble to pop and sizzle away. "So, you're dipping in there. Almost like swimming to me."

Help her, though? Sailor was never opposed to acts of service, but not without scowling first. "And what will you have me do to help, exactly?" Did she want moral support? Sailor Zhang was not good at that.

Being able to eye roll to another dimension might have been the coolest thing that could have ever happened to her - if only it were an actual possibility. And she could certainly think of a handful of people who would not be displeased to see the back of her, but she'd choose to not dwell on that. He said that so matter of fact, and she blinked at him for a moment before deciding she had to defend herself - even if she didn't know what parts he thought were odd. "I heard it's the slime from slugs that's good for your skin. It's like … a moisturizer of sorts, kind of like the slime in an Aloe Vera plant." but mud was not as slimy, and probably didn't have any moisturizing benefits. Maybe. "I thought that was just something pigs did?" though she believed that was to cool off, and nothing to do with any type of a beautification regime. This was another good opportunity for an eye roll, which she once again very dramatically did for him. Okay. But where did you read?"

…. No. Nope, no. She was going to need someone to tell her where to return these teenage hormones things that apparently made it so where she noticed nice attributes about other people. Because finding Sailor Zhang's smile charming was unacceptable and then getting further distracted by this new weapon was not something she was prepared to subscribe to. So if someone just wanted to point her in the direction of refunds - no exchanges please - she would happily get rid of those thoughts right now, thank you. It was so much more fun just to go toe to toe and egg each other on, or whatever one wanted to call these fun little interactions. She might never be able to outwit a Ravenclaw, but she needed all the brain cells that she possessed focused to have a fighting chance. "Huh. I think I like your deadpan facial expression better." She was finally able to reply once he was looking back at the Swamp, meaning each word.

Oh look! Another eye roll! How close was she to dimension number 2 now?

"Wading is not the same as swimming. If I was planning on swimming, I would have a bathing suit. The galoshes are enough protection for what I'm planning." and the rest of the mismatched was just a precautionary in case she lost her balance or something. At the question of what she would have him do, she looked down towards his shoes before back to his face. "You could lose the shoes and roll up your pant legs and wade with me. Think of it as research for if mud really does have health benefits."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start